Friday 7/12 vs. NYY

Morgan423

Just now, Billy F-Face3 said:

The one I was referring to was clearly outside the box.  By the time I got to finish the post, he had already pitched a few times again.

No, per statcast it was a strike. I know which one you were talking about, with ABS that is a strike.

3 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

Great way to slow down the game.

Likely 2 or 3 challenges per game, retain challenges if you’re correct. A challenge has only been adding 5-10 sec per in AAA. The players and managers down there are big fans of the system by and large.

1 minute ago, Roy Firestone said:

how can these hitters KNOWING the guy has a high pitch count keep swinging at the first pitch?

Because they think they can drive the pitches?

Do you honestly want major league hitters going up there like kids in HS taking strikes in hope of getting a guy out of the game via pitch count?

14 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

Santander 1 HR in last 38 at bats...

You love to highlight Santander any time he isn’t on fire, but Gunnar has 1 in his last 47. Adley has 1 in his last 35. Mountcastle has 1 HR since June 8. That’s part of the reason it’s rough right now. 

Edited by Sydnor

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Mountcastle has no business being in this lineup tonight. 

In all fairness, Cowser would get a stead diet of off-speed pitches and just k 3 times too, I guess.