403 errors

Tony-OH

32 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

My apologies. I certainly understand the frustration as I get them too. Its a complicated issue because of the parties involved are not playing well with each other. 

If I had a magic button, I'd push it, even if it meant no advertising. 

Is there a timetable at all or any outlook going forward?

1 hour ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

If it helps, it has not been anywhere as bad as the last few days. So...Progress.

It's not bad at all unless people start posting during the game threads.  About an hour after the game ends and people leave the board, all is well again, until the next game, or trade, or whatever brings people back to the board. I'm most active in the game threads and I've probably posted 10x in the past 3 games because of just giving up after 30 mins of trying to post something.

Edited by Malike

42 minutes ago, Malike said:

It's not bad at all unless people start posting during the game threads.  About an hour after the game ends and people leave the board, all is well again, until the next game, or trade, or whatever brings people back to the board. I'm most active in the game threads and I've probably posted 10x in the past 3 games because of just giving up after 30 mins of trying to post something.

No the site was basically useless during Friday Fri while the 2x trades were going on.

1 minute ago, casadeozo said:

No the site was basically useless during Friday Fri while the 2x trades were going on.

But that's exactly what I said?

About an hour after the game ends and people leave the board, all is well again, until the next game, or trade, or whatever brings people back to the board.

5 minutes ago, Malike said:

But that's exactly what I said?

About an hour after the game ends and people leave the board, all is well again, until the next game, or trade, or whatever brings people back to the board.

Ahh I missed where you said trade 

56 minutes ago, Malike said:

Yes but are we talking counting stats and not rate states?    What’s your ppgt (post per game thread) and/or ppot (post per O’s transaction) rate vs nominal posting hours.   :)   

I will say things have been better today for sure, but I don’t have posting stats of any kind.   

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, casadeozo said:

Ahh I missed where you said trade 

Basically, when there is a lot of traffic it happens nonstop. I've been doing Reddit game threads for now, bit of a downgrade and I don't get to chat with friends here but it beats trying to get post off every 40 mins.

1 hour ago, Malike said:

Friday, mine was acting up all day and night, even late.

Just now, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Friday, mine was acting up all day and night, even late.

Interesting, I've only had it happen during peak hours. It would be nice if there were a real pattern to narrow it down.

Edited by Malike

8 hours ago, Malike said:

This isn’t necessary true … I had trouble the morning and throughout the day. Also around the trades and that’s when traffic here will be elevated.

I've only had this issue about 3 times and each were when my VPN was off.  I generally run the random, nearby VPN on Nord.  This was yesterday after the game had been over for about an hour and it had never occurred before.  Firefox, Ublock Origin, and Ghostery running.  Turned VPN back on with Nord's Web Protection feature disabled, because I've found it causes certificate errors and 403's on sites where it shouldn't.  Daily Mail, CNN, even MLBTradeRumors.  Have no clue why this occurs, but I do know that most problems of this nature are the result of browser addons and conflicts between malware programs and antivirus programs.  Malwarebytes never got along with any of the three security suites I've used over the past 25 years, as an example.  As things change on sites like this, conflicts arise with personal settings and programs.  I would experiment a little with turning things off to see if the problem persists. 

I imagine a lot has been tried already, but it might be helpful, both to Tony and others to let each other know what has been tried.  With so many people experiencing the same thing and starting at close to the same time, it's possible there was a Windows or program update that changed a setting that no one is aware of.

I've read that some chrome, firefox, and DDG browsers have been tried with no change, so that would tell me it could be some conflict with malware programs and antivirus.  The Apple stuff I have no clue on, as I reject Apple products completely and avoid them like the plague. 

12 hours ago, Malike said:

It's definitely part of a volume thing, but it just depends on what IP that was selected to push to my boards server. They refuse to whitelist so I need to leave my ad provider which means I have to change a bunch of dns stuff. I'm working on a solution today. I took off my regular work to get this fixed.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

It's definitely part of a volume thing, but it just depends on what IP that was selected to push to my boards server. They refuse to whitelist so I need to leave my ad provider which means I have to change a bunch of dns stuff. I'm working on a solution today. I took off my regular work to get this fixed.

We know it's been a pain and we know you're working on it...IT here to make our lives easier, supposedly...but the IT issues can be a major pain in the ass.  We appreciate the effort in getting it fixed.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, murph said:

Yes but are we talking counting stats and not rate states?    What’s your ppgt (post per game thread) and/or ppot (post per O’s transaction) rate vs nominal posting hours.   :)   

I will say things have been better today for sure, but I don’t have posting stats of any kind.   

His posts were definitely below his xposts. 

• Haha 1