When does Povich come back and who gets sent down?

Povich was optioned on July 13, so he would be eligible to return Tuesday or Wednesday to take his turn in the rotation.   Do the Orioles bring him back on schedule or do they take advantage of the day off and skip his turn?  

And who goes to make room?  My vote is to option Bryan Baker.  He hasn't been consistent and I'd like to see a little more of what we have with Birch Smith and Vinny Nittoli.  

July 27 vs. San Diego for the next Povich start was always the plan from the moment the move was made. 

It was done initially since we didn't need a starter at 5 days from the last Povich start All-Star Break), and we don't need a starter tomorrow at 10 days from the last Povich start (off day)... and at 15 days (7/27), he's eligible to come back from the minors. 

Edited by Morgan423

42 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Pitchers are 15 days, not 10. 

Remember they have that DH vs Jays next Monday. Possible return there?

We need a 5th starter before that day, so he'll be up July 27 as others have said.

For that doubleheader, we will need a 6th starter because we have no off days between tomorrow and August 5.   You can bring up a guy to go to 27 men for a doubleheader and then send him back down immediately, so I expect that will be McDermott.

52 minutes ago, SteveA said:

We need a 5th starter before that day, so he'll be up July 27 as others have said.

For that doubleheader, we will need a 6th starter because we have no off days between tomorrow and August 5.   You can bring up a guy to go to 27 men for a doubleheader and then send him back down immediately, so I expect that will be McDermott.

Is he eligible by the 27th?

10 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Is he eligible by the 27th?

Official transaction page has him sent down on the 13th. I don’t think he can come back until the 28th at earliest. 

I still wonder if Irvin is not used today if he doesn’t start in Miami.