The Marlins Series, 7/23-7/25

I tell you what man, I don't get too mad at sports anymore, but I'm furious right now.  As of now they're going into extras against Miami so they may come back and win.

But you've got a 6-0 lead in the 6th with your ace on the mound against one of the worst teams in the game and you can't hold that?

Forget this team right now.  They can all walk home.

Rant over.

• Upvote 4

It's really concerning that Hyde seems to feel he's going with Kimbrel to close games no matter what. It can't go like that, it just can't. When a guy has thrown 27 pitches in one inning and he's facing somebody who's 4-5 with 2 home runs against him you get him the F out. I don't care if he has 4000 saves. 

• Upvote 1

Kimbrel would have been 2 up 2 down if Norby doesn’t trip. He also should have struck out Burger on the 2-2 pitch that was a strike called a ball. And then the Gunnar error obviously.

He probably shouldn’t have faced Bell and regardless of the defense, he wasn’t good enough today, but the defense was absolutely brutal. They certainly need another back end guy (and ideally 2) to pair with Kimbrel though. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

When does a win feel like a loss?   Yep.

As frustrating as that was, we still came back and secured the W in extra innings.  We're a young team that seems to have lost our mojo/confidence.  

3-3 road trip.  Get home and regroup.  

15 minutes ago, LGOrioles said:

Kimbrel would have been 2 up 2 down if Norby doesn’t trip. He also should have struck out Burger on the 2-2 pitch that was a strike called a ball. And then the Gunnar error obviously.

He probably shouldn’t have faced Bell and regardless of the defense, he wasn’t good enough today, but the defense was absolutely brutal. They certainly need another back end guy (and ideally 2) to pair with Kimbrel though. 

They are in a rut right now. The crazy double play on bases in the 10th. The ball that hit Burnes leg. 

Not crisp at all. They need to and I think will pick it up. Just hope it doesn’t linger much longer. 

Since the first game after the break our all stars have done practically nothing offensively. Except Tony! The pitching ain't been great but. Actually our offensive swoon started before the break. We were out played on all sides by the worst team out there. They sure didn't look it against us! I'd like some of their pitching. Lucky win today and hats off to a young team that almost swept us.  Home runs or nothing. Situational hitting barely exists. Up 6-0 and can't? My orange-colored glasses are really fogged up right now. We have a lot of NEEDS right now and I'm not sure the trade deadline is going to provide. I've got The Firestone Illness real bad. Stepping back from the ledge.