July 27th vs. San Diego

nevadaO

Just now, OnlyOneOriole said:

My point is GH should have never been over there in the first place. I am not sure how people don't get this?

GH's mental and physical game is shot right now.  He makes bad throws.  Tries to one hand balls he can get in front of.  And is now roaming over 30 feet from his position to call off a player who had to move all of 10 feet from his position.

You can say GH called him off.  The point is he never should have been in a position to call of a player who is in his lane and can't even see him. 
Cmon.

And you are wrong.  The SS is the captain of the infield and had a better angle on the ball.  Gunnar Henderson is the least thing wrong with this team right now.  He is pressing too hard.  People forget he is 22 years old.  

21 minutes ago, Malike said:

Give evidence of this before you make a grand proclamation like that. Your "eye test" is not evidence. Tell us all what Hyde and his coaches haven't done, show us they've done nothing at all before you make such ridiculous statements as if they are fact.  The players are talented, you don't want to blame them so you are putting it on Hyde.

As I said, Chuck Daly, the HOF coach and the greatest Pistons coach of all timezzz.....said that even the best coaches in the world have players who get tired of hearing the same thing every day.  It's human nature. 

Edited by OnlyOneOriole

7 minutes ago, accinfo said:

The days of Earl Weaver and Billy Martin are long gone.  

I always thought Billy Ripken would make a good manager.  He has the self confidence.  

Just now, SteveA said:

Damn I'm glad I missed most of this one.

Followed the first 5 innings on my phone, checking in every once in a while.   Then I had a 45 minute drive home and had to listen to Arnold and Hollander full of happy talk.   They encouraged listeners to write in with positive thoughts and were reading them on the air.   In between that lollipop garbage they would occasionally do play by play and Manny would hit 3-run HR or Irvin would give up hits.     This team is playing like garbage and they think people want to hear that shit.   Eff them.

Get home and Melanie on the TV and talks about how Manny Machado qualified for his 1000th RBI  today.   Qualified?  Who the hell says that?   He got his 1000th RBI, or he earned his 1000th RBI.   Qualified?   Jesus, she has to phrase everything in an oddball way.   It's bizarre.

The play of this team is frustrating enough, just following them is frustrating and raising my blood pressure.   Having to wade through the yammerings of idiot announcers just to find out what's happening is just icing on the cake.

[And then the icing on top of the icing on the cake of frustration is having to suffer through 403 errors trying to vent in the game thread.   403, 403, 403, 403, 403, 403, 403...]

7th time is the charm

Just now, OnlyOneOriole said:

I just saw her pics.  NICEEEEEE.

Look up Adley's new Canadian super atheletic girlfriend.  "momma's got a squeezebox daddy never sleeps at night"  Adley is in danger.  

1 minute ago, HowAboutThat said:

As I said clearly, I don’t know whether Hyde is yelling at the guys or not. I don’t know what he is doing or not, but  NOTHING HAS CHANGED. 

Of course I’m not a fly on the wall, but nothing has changed, which means whatever Hyde is doing or not isn’t working. The sloppy play in all aspects of the game is obvious to all, and it has been going on for several weeks. This isn’t a brief slump, but a serious lapse in fundamentals, and the coaching staff is supposed to deal with that.

I don’t know what is being done anymore than you or anyone else, but we all can see that whatever is being done isn’t working, and hasn’t for a long time.

Someone pointed out that the Os hadn’t been swept in over two years and have now been swept four times in a month.

I'm not sure about you, but being a grown man, if my boss yelled at me, I'm probably not going to give him my best foot forward, because I'm a grown man and I demand the respect that anyone else would want. So I don't believe Hyde should be yelling at the guys, nor do I think it would help.

I don't understand why it's so shocking that guys are struggling and there must be someone to blame. Gunnar stopped hitting, Adley stopped hitting, and O'Hearn stopped hitting in the month of July. It sucks, but the blame rests on their shoulders. This happens to all players, it really sucks that it's happening to all of these guys at the same time.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

One hit.  One hit.  What a bunch of losers.  

Adley has not been good since his CANADIAN girlfriend said she was Birdwatching.  He has no power or energy.  He needs to save his essence in the regular season.  

Hyde does not do much for me as a manager.  He is white bread.  He is bland.  He just lays there.  Nothing about him is special.  These punk kids need a drill sergant. 

Something has happened.  Like I said there are slumps and then we have......this.

It is like their dog....everyone's dog...died.  Or gfs or wives broke up with the entire team.  Clubhouse fight.  Something....

Whatever it is?  It isn't good.

• Upvote 1

Anyone on the team who cares about being a major leaguer and going to the playoffs should be pissed after this game.  I guess we'll see if there's a players only meeting or Hyde makes a dozen excuses and it's the same thing tomorrow.

6 minutes ago, accinfo said:

And you are wrong.  The SS is the captain of the infield and had a better angle on the ball.  Gunnar Henderson is the least thing wrong with this team right now.  He is pressing too hard.  People forget he is 22 years old.  

He is 23.  And he is absolutely killing this team right now.

18 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

Look up Adley's new Canadian super atheletic girlfriend.  "momma's got a squeezebox daddy never sleeps at night"  Adley is in danger.  

Wait.  Hold on.  Is that a new gf? Because I remember his other one and she didn't look that good.

That being said....what in the F is that outfit he has on?  I mean wtf?  He looks like the Seinfeld pirate puffy shirt episode.  That may be the single worst outfit I have ever seen a person wear.  He looks like a clown.

Between AR wearing this kind of stuff, and GH wearing his 'special shoes'?  No wonder they suck.  They have gotten way too big for their britches. 

What in the hell is this? 

ar.png

Edited by OnlyOneOriole

9 minutes ago, Malike said:

I'm not sure about you, but being a grown man, if my boss yelled at me, I'm probably not going to give him my best foot forward, because I'm a grown man and I demand the respect that anyone else would want. So I don't believe Hyde should be yelling at the guys, nor do I think it would help.

I don't understand why it's so shocking that guys are struggling and there must be someone to blame. Gunnar stopped hitting, Adley stopped hitting, and O'Hearn stopped hitting in the month of July. It sucks, but the blame rests on their shoulders. This happens to all players, it really sucks that it's happening to all of these guys at the same time.

I was in the army. I got yelled at all the time, and it didn’t make me cry. If you’re doing fundamentally stupid things at work, your boss may well yell at you, and you’ll fix the stupid things, or you’ll re-train to address the issues. He might speak politely, but he’s the boss. I doubt he will do nothing, and I’m sure he will do what he can to address the issue.
What is shocking isn’t that a guy is slumping; people have bad times, and that’s just being human. But the whole team is playing terrible baseball. No one is dependable. We’ve had terrible baserunning, defense, ABs, all up and down the lineup, and for a long time. That’s not a slump, it’s a problem.

And this isn’t a “hot take,” but a reasonable reaction to what’s going on.

12 minutes ago, Malike said:

The thing is, it's not just July. We're 20-21 in our last 41 games. That's more than a slump... that's a month and a half of mediocrity. We're just lucky the Yankees have been worse.