Do you dread watching this team right now?

Just now, Frobby said:

I was having a serious case of deja vu as this game progressed.   I had to drive my son to the airport beginning in the bottom of the 8th and decided it would be too stressful to listen on the radio as I was driving.  Thank God I made that decision!  Listening to the top of the 9th would have been excruciating.  

To me, that defines dread.

1 hour ago, oriolediehard said:

We blew our chance to take a large lead over the Yankees.  The Yankees are good again. We have to hope we make a wild card.

Yankees are 4-5 since the break.  Just like us. Why do you think they're good again?

1 hour ago, oriolediehard said:

We blew our chance to take a large lead over the Yankees.  The Yankees are good again. We have to hope we make a wild card.

You're giving up already?

4 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

To me, that defines dread.

Yep I’m in same boat. You basically believe that any lead isn’t safe and you believe even one rundown is too many.  That being said, I’ll be at the games tomorrow to torture myself and wife for many hours😂

9 hours ago, O's84 said:

You're giving up already?

No!!  I based it on them beating the Red Sox the last 2 games.  If we won more when the Yankees were losing, we could have had a big 1st place lead. We didn't take advantage when the Yankees were down.

I can think of a lot of guys who might post better if they stopped watching.  I must admit, when they’re slumping I don’t watch.  I’ll follow on Gameday or watch a different game or just go out and hope they’re winning or won when I check in later.    Emotional posts are often dreadful to watch.

11 hours ago, RavensNOsGuy said:

Take out money line bets on the other team. If they lose at least you pocket some cash. If they win you are happy regardless. 

I'd never ever bet...but even if I DID.. Id definitely not ever bet against my team.

No. As bad as it's been, and it's been baaaaad, we're still 5-5 over our last 10, one of only 6 teams in MLB that has 60+ wins, and we have the 3rd best win %age in baseball. I think Domínguez and Eflin will prove to be nice moves, and I don't think we're done making trades. Plus, Coulombe will be back to further strengthen the shaky bullpen.

I think Hyde has done a VERY good job here until the last 40 games or so. He needs to figure out bullpen roles in a hurry. We also need to un-screw the defense and the lineup. I'd try to move on from Urias and Mountcastle, but I would absolutely keep Mullins, and that's not recency bias. Yes, he had a nice weekend offensively, but his CF defense will win games for us over the next 3 months. 

Some things to fix for sure, but it's not so bad. I certainly do not dread watching my favorite baseball team everyday. If anything, I dread off days.

25 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

I'd never ever bet...but even if I DID.. Id definitely not ever bet against my team.

I remember when Muhammed Ali (then aged 38) fought Larry Holmes, I had a friend who was going to Vegas for the fight.   I loved Ali, but I was absolutely sure he’d lose that fight, as he was well past his prime and Holmes was very much on top of his game. I thought the odds on the fight (Holmes was only about a 2-1 favorite) were absurd.   So, I asked my friend to place $100 on Holmes when he went to Vegas, and I spent $40 to buy a ticket to watch the fight on closed circuit TV, something I’d normally never do, but I figured I had the cost covered.  Well, Ali took a drubbing and lost the fight, which I hated watching, and then I learned my friend hadn’t placed my bet, either.  So, I was out $40 (I was a student at the time and that was a lot of money to me) for the “pleasure” of watching one of my sports heroes get his butt kicked.   That’s the only time I ever bet against the side I wanted to win, and it turns out the bet wasn’t ever placed.  And I really was never a bettor anyway.  

44 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I can think of a lot of guys who might post better if they stopped watching.  I must admit, when they’re slumping I don’t watch.  I’ll follow on Gameday or watch a different game or just go out and hope they’re winning or won when I check in later.    Emotional posts are often dreadful to watch.

162 games in a season, we don’t need to watch them all.