Seranthony Domínguez 2024

Frobby

16 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Two pretty impressive outings for Domínguez to start his Orioles career.  I heard on the radio that though his ERA is inflated a bit, since May he’s at 2.70 (now 2.60 after his shutout inning today).   I like his stuff and am happy to have him in the back part of our bullpen.  

Most those runs came in the Oakland diabolical game where they gave up 8 homers.  I believe he has given up like 4 runs outside that game.  

He is one of those relievers who took a long term contract to guarantee his Arb, selling the 2025 option on what would be his initial FA year.

The strong armed Latin kids who sign early - the amount of time growing their games is huge.     Seranthony was part of the Phillies organization since 2011.    Almost 13 years and Philadelphia in the end chose to let go of its option on a FA season it procured and got other value for.     

If any of the pitchers Koby led getting around the Basallo/Maikol first real class of 2021 - if one of them makes it like Dominguez, their trade analog to his baseball life would be about 2033.

2025 is 500k buyout or $8M, so $7.5M marginal outlay if he earns the option getting picked up.     Dombrowski's an awfully sharp judge, so curious to see if Carlos Estevez can really outpitch him.

Reading his injury history, it sounds like mid-2019 he had a partially torn UCL and the Aaron Nola-Kyle Bradish non-surgical path was tried first.     He ended up needing the TJ in mid-2020.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, HowAboutThat said:

The first hitter(?)hit a fly that would have been out before the wall was moved back.

Good thing we don't live in the past!  I was at the game today, and SD seemed like he was in complete control.  Perez could learn a thing or two...

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, ChipTait said:

Good thing we don't live in the past!  I was at the game today, and SD seemed like he was in complete control.  Perez could learn a thing or two...

Agree completely, but it was definitely a loud out.

6 hours ago, HowAboutThat said:

The first hitter(?)hit a fly that would have been out before the wall was moved back.

Are you talking about the play Mullins ran down in CF? That had nothing to do with Walltimore right?