July 30th - vs Toronto - post trade deadline

nevadaO

41 minutes ago, justD said:

Years ago, maybe 2005 or 2006, I called in to Mark Viviano’s radio show on my way home from a game. He answered during a commercial break and asked for details on what I wanted to say on air. I went thru my stuff, and when he came back from commercial he intro’d into my question by basically stating everything I had just said to him as tho it was his topic, then threw it to me. I had nothing more to say bc he’d said all my stuff.

Always had a bad feeling about him after that. 

Sorry about that experience.   But I have to say I enjoyed listening to him do a couple innings of PBP on the radio while driving home from work right now.   He wasn't too bad.   And he's been around forever and just retired after a long career in sportscasting and they are letting him do this today just to fulfill a lifelong dream.   Pretyt cool

43 minutes ago, HowAboutThat said:

This Gregory Soto guy seems to have really terrible stats. Why did we want him?

He's a lefthanded Seranthony Dominguez.

They both throw hard, and strike guys out.   We have a ton of guys on our staff that can't finish someone off when they get two strikes on him, we needed some guys that can.

They both walk too many people.   They both shut down batters from one side of hte plate and get hit a lot harder by the other side.

Two very complementary pieces that fit well together in the bullpen.   I hope Hyde uses them well, brings them in when the opposing team lineup is set up for their strengths.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, HowAboutThat said:

Looks like a bad BB rate, and I mentioned in another comment he has a 1.5 WHIP.

But I’m willing to W&S on this one.

What would the alternative have been if you weren't willing?

12 minutes ago, Malike said:

Are you listening on MASN? They most certainly did not ignore the HR. It did look like it would be caught.

No, you must have miss my comment? I was following along on the TV feed, even though I was walking and not watching I was listening, and I just happened to look at the television screen on my phone as Anthony hit that home run otherwise I wouldn’t have known about it till after it happened.

Now I’m listening to the radio, which is something I’ve always generally preferred anyway