Aug 1 @ Cleveland

10 minutes ago, Jagwar said:

What trade would you have made?

That is a good question, but it’s also kind of a loaded question. The question isn’t what Mike would rather have done, the question is whether he had a realistic expectation that Rogers would be a meaningful improvement and there wasn’t really anything in his stat line to suggest that he would be. Two years of control doesn’t really matter when you’re trying to win right now and working with him in the off-season Doesn’t really matter when you’re trying to win right now.
I honestly don’t know whether it was a good gamble or not, all I know is that this game performance is a disappointment.

To get him, we didn’t just lose Stowers and Norby, we also lost Irvin. 

Just now, LookitsPuck said:

Somebody that could have been packaged for somebody much better than Rogers in the offseason or this trade deadline. Look at Eflin.

If they were valued so high why didn’t they get more?

3 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Pretty obvious Suarez isn’t going to cut it in the pen. Takes him 11 pitches to get one out. 

This is how this works right?

There’s more evidence that Suarez can be an effective bullpen arm than Rogers can be a quality starter.

Just now, HowAboutThat said:

That is a good question, but it’s also kind of a loaded question. The question isn’t what Mike would rather have done, the question is whether he had a realistic expectation that Rogers would be a meaningful improvement and there wasn’t really anything in his stat line to suggest that he would be. Two years of control doesn’t really matter when you’re trying to win right now and working with him in the off-season Doesn’t really matter when you’re trying to win right now.
I honestly don’t know whether it was a good gamble or not, all I know is that this game performance is a disappointment.

To get him, we didn’t just lose Stowers and Norby, we also lost Irvin. 

I'll bet you a Rubenstein thrown hat that Irvin will go unclaimed and be back. 

1 minute ago, Jagwar said:

You think Crochet was elite? He is on an innings limit and refused to pitch in the postseason without an extension. Snell? The only way he wouldn't have opted out in the offseason was if he sucked. Skubal? I'm not sure the Tigers were ever serious about trading him. 

You would have decimated our farm system for 3 guys who weren't worth it. 

How would that be decimating our farm system?

Losing one of the 3 between JH, CM, and SB?  Losing Stowers and Norby who we just traded for literally a scrub? 

Trading Heston who was just sent down....again.... and who can easily be filled position wise by just giving Anthony S the money he deserves?

That is decimating our farm system?

I actually kind of agree lol.  Our farm system is very VERY barren outside of the 4 guys we know about.  Which is again why I have said.  Elias is not a good GM.  He is great at picking out elite players at the front of the draft?  But providing depth and making trades?

He is very very VERY average.