I thought Saturday's game was a very significant win

1 hour ago, Roy Firestone said:

Our new players had some clutch hits.Eloy, Austin,  Our pitching acquisition pitched very well. Eflin.The new bullpen arms were just ok. But the game also showed Holliday starting to become a force. He hit three balls really hard, one was a double, another a single . It's his second mult-hit game in as many days. Only 8 Orioles have had multi hit games at the age of 20 or younger. Brooks Robinson did it in 3 different years. I thought Mayo looked very good but had nothing to show for it. He definitely doesnt seem intimidated and has not been overmatched. I was also a big win because this team needed a lift and would need to avoid a possible sweep.They get Burnes up tomorrow, and while it's never a given, Burnes has been pitching brilliantly and if we can win tomorrow we get a hard earned split on the road. Not easy to do with the best team in baseball. I hope they can continue to have good at bats and support Burnes on Sunday. Im looking for a big game again from Holliday and Mayo. Cowser too. The team has great talent. Now it's got to show us that the talent can deliver . Big win today.

!( was interesting to see that list of youngest O’s players with two multi -hit games. Three were pitchers. 

53 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I liked it because they came back after two ugly losses and didn't seem to care about how badly they were beat...in addition to everything Roy mentioned.

Good Teams always back bounce. Lets get out of Cleveland with a Series Split ( Win)

50 minutes ago, Gunnar said:

I can’t stand that Fox announcing crew but otherwise solid game, no notes 

I actually thought Smoltz did a really good job last night, and I don’t usually like him.  

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I actually thought Smoltz did a really good job last night, and I don’t usually like him.  

Yeah I thought the Fox announcers were fine. Some people just need to complain. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• The Red Sox joined the Orioles yesterday in dropping a game to the White Sox last week, and were swept in their non-White Sox series, but Minnesota's stumbles are keeping them in vague striking distance of AL6.    They go to Yankee Stadium for the big 4-game series right after this one. The pitching matchups - AL Active Roster K-bb standing as SP, 50 inning minimum, a batch of 65 today: (62) Povich v. (43) Bello (53) Suarez v. (30) Kutter C. (48) Kremer v. (5) Pivetta The Orioles starters perhaps tier like Burnes-Eflin-Grayson, then gap, then these three.    All are capable of throwing good games.    ERA is kinder - Suarez and Kremer 22nd and 43rd there, giving some representation above the Bottom 25%.    Sooner or later, one or more of these pitchers will have the Nestor Cortes Life Experience as the finish line nears. Trevor Story's bad shoulder injury early has ended up not being season ending and he is 2 games back.   An infielder with pop, he maybe gives a little preview of the kind of rust Westburg may be trying to shed fast in a couple weeks. Impending free agent Tyler O'Neill is the hottest bat - Duran and Devers have been cooler lately.    Devers and Ceddanne Rafaela's last 30 days wRC+'s are in the 50's, lower than Adley's in the 60's, but not lower than Holliday's in the 40's, among qualified Bats. Manny Machado look alike Brennan Bernardino is the only LHP on the staff for the moment, so maybe a chance for Orioles platoon sensitive bats to get going a little bit.  Povich's 5.76 ERA 12 starts into his career I believe without looking it up beats Bradish and Grayson's, and he is coming off a fine game.    Are his Rookie Integration Taxes paid up?     Fenway traditionally tough on all LHP.
    • Difference is that you would be using him as a backup vs a starter.  Now, perhaps, you think he just needs more reps to maximize his talent, which is fair.
    • Think I may take a nap till the 29th. Wake and see where we are. Watching this team try to hit is like watching paint dry. I see darn few competitive at bats. I think they all caught whatever Mullins had at the beginning of the year. And Adley, looks like a guy with severe jock itch trying to hit. I like Cowser but IMO if he wins ROY, it's a testament to the lackluster rookie class and not his overall play. These guys can't be this bad - this tired? Oh crap - I just looked at our starters for the series. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz 😄
    • Nice accomplishment by Aberdeen.   I did notice that Delmarva had 3 SB the other night but was caught 5 times.    I’ve never noticed 5 CS at either the ML level or the minor league level.  I just know it’s a lot.  
    • Heston looked solid at Aberdeen yesterday.  Two solid hits and then a walk.  They removed him from the game again after 3 PA.   As the Ironbirds are now finished for the year I presume he will get bumped up to Bowie or Norfolk.
    • The other thing they are missing is Burnes...where is the "Ace"?   His sudden mediocrity and inability to keep runners off base and control the run game have been dissapointing and sure to be exploited the rest of the way. This scares me more than anything else.  
  • Popular Contributors