Colin Cowherd bashes O's fans for Tex boo's

isestrex

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It saddens me that they replaced Kornheiser with that pompous blowhard. Not that Kornheisers show was something special, in fact, it was a banner day when he actually got around to talking sports, but seriously...when Mike & Mike go off the air, turn off ESPN Radio. You can listen to Tirico and Van Pelt, but avoid Cowherd like the plague. Or Mad Cow disease.

The only thing Kornheiser was good at was story telling. He's good on PTI but i cant wait for him to get the boot from MNF. I listen to Cowherd all the time and not afraid to admit it. Sure he's controversial , thats his job. He's interesting, funny and very knowledgeable. You wont find anybody who knows more about college football.

Exactly! Many people say they hate the guy and still listen. Cowherd is good at his job period, check his ratings.

Whoever ESPN puts on nationally is going to get ratings. They have a near monopoly on sports talk radio. He's not part of my daily routine. He seems decent enough, though his history of stealing stories from blogs is troubling.

Whoever ESPN puts on nationally is going to get ratings. They have a near monopoly on sports talk radio. He's not part of my daily routine. He seems decent enough, though his history of stealing stories from blogs is troubling.

No he gets rating because he's good. He's said many times before that his job is not to be popular or entertaining. His job is to be controversial. He loves his job and is good at it. Controversy makes people want to listen/write in/call in/complain etc... all of that contributes to ratings and Colin's success reflects that.

I'm not at all a Colin sympathizer but you can't argue with his effectiveness.

Quotes signs "Saverna Park hates you" and "we hate you"

Colin says "there's a big difference between being passionate and saying 'I hate you'"

Says sarcastically that Tex would be a better person if he took less money and went to work every day with no hope of making the post season.

One fan calls in and says "Yeah O's fans boo Teixeira but when the Yanks show up and he sits out, they feel like they've been ripped off" Colin agrees O's fans are selective.

Another fan calls in and refers to the Tex relationship as him "dumping" the Orioles. Colin can't see it at all. "You never had him in the first place... how could he dump you?"

Another fan calls in and says we (Orioles) have been waiting for a winning team for a long time and we're overdoing it with the booing. Colin says good call "Passion is no excuse for hate. Get a life haters."

Oh these silly people. I am sure those that said they hated Tex don't really hate him. It is just a saying. Geez

IMO... this has nothing to do with Cowherd (though I agree with the poster that said he is a boob) but everything to do with "hate." Quite honestly, as an Oriole fan, I'm not embarrassed by the boos - actually I love that the crowd was so vocal in expressing its dissatisfaction with Tex. My big problem is the "Severna Park hate you!" and other such signs.

I believe the "Oriole Way" was just as much about the organization as it was the fans. At one point, the fans in Baltimore were known for its intellect and class - that's what seperated us from the Pittsburgh, Cleveland, New York and Boston fans. I'm not sure if that is still true - perhaps it is part of our once proud history - just like Oriole Way...

as a redskins fan, i refuse to listen to him after his ridiculous/disgusting comments on the murder of sean taylor.

Here. Here. And he wouldn't back off his comments when the truth came out.

I had him on the radio during a 15 minute drive to lunch one day last month. He did not make one point the entire segment.

He really doesn't know all that much about sports. I'll bet that he didn't know who Tiexiera was until he got traded to the Braves.

I love O's fans. The man has no pride. How can someone grow up a O's fan and play for the Yankees. We'll do fine without him.

I don't dislike Tex at all. Maybe he was on O's fan or maybe not as a kid. I don't mind that he is playing for the Yankees. As a ball player you are going to get booed or cheered. What I don't like is for Cowherd or others at espn going bonkers aginst the O's fans that booed Tex or said they hated him. It is jsut saying. Not to really mean you hate someone. Espn is pissed because their team lost to the O's.

Granted, outside of this message board most people probably don't even realize that the booing of Tex is drawing a negative reaction from the media, but that doesn't make the reaction any less absurd. Go to Yankee Stadium (or OPACY when the Yankees are in town) are you will hear/see stuff from Yankees fans directed at their OWN players that is worse than the reaction Tex got yesterday.

I can't really understand why guys like Cowherd, Rosenthal, and Heyman are even mentioning this.

Granted, outside of this message board most people probably don't even realize that the booing of Tex is drawing a negative reaction from the media, but that doesn't make the reaction any less absurd. Go to Yankee Stadium (or OPACY when the Yankees are in town) are you will hear/see stuff from Yankees fans directed at their OWN players that is worse than the reaction Tex got yesterday.

I can't really understand why guys like Cowherd, Rosenthal, and Heyman are even mentioning this.

Exactly. The great O's crowd yesterday was really just helping him out. It's gonna be a lot louder at Yankee Stadium in August when they fall out of the playoff race.

Quotes signs "Saverna Park hates you" and "we hate you"

Colin says "there's a big difference between being passionate and saying 'I hate you'"

Says sarcastically that Tex would be a better person if he took less money and went to work every day with no hope of making the post season.

One fan calls in and says "Yeah O's fans boo Teixeira but when the Yanks show up and he sits out, they feel like they've been ripped off" Colin agrees O's fans are selective.

Another fan calls in and refers to the Tex relationship as him "dumping" the Orioles. Colin can't see it at all. "You never had him in the first place... how could he dump you?"

Another fan calls in and says we (Orioles) have been waiting for a winning team for a long time and we're overdoing it with the booing. Colin says good call "Passion is no excuse for hate. Get a life haters."

Colin's schtick is being a tough guy wise-ass who is smarmy and able to give life lessons about sports, and women. Of course, he's wasn't an athlete, and his wife left him, so I quickly realized he has no clue what he is talking about...

Archived