Colin Cowherd bashes O's fans for Tex boo's

isestrex

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hear that guy on every once and a while. I will change the channel and end up back on his station. He is usually still ranting about the same thing 2 hours later. I laughed just the other day about that. It was like he was on repeat.

He doesn't get left on the radio anymore and that was before these comments.

I apologize if someone else brought this up, but the Red Sox were really angry when Teixeira signed with the Yankees because they felt like he used them to get the big contract from the Yankees.

I can pretty much guarantee the Red Sox fans will boo the crap of him the first time he plays there.

Then what will all these "experts" say?

I was thinking the same thing.

I apologize if someone else brought this up, but the Red Sox were really angry when Teixeira signed with the Yankees because they felt like he used them to get the big contract from the Yankees.

I can pretty much guarantee the Red Sox fans will boo the crap of him the first time he plays there.

The experts will point to the heated rivalry that is the best in the Milky Way. Just par for the course for Yankees-Sawx. Can't wait to contend again and force them to talk about us.

No offense, but as long as there is a dial, a power-off button, or the sound of the wind, there is always another choice ;)

But sometimes its so brutal when your choice is Bulldog talking about BL Football, Terrapin Times on Haynie, or Cowherd. Noon radio hour can either be great or terrible.

No offense, but as long as there is a dial, a power-off button, or the sound of the wind, there is always another choice ;)

Ha! Yeah, I usually bow out on the Herd when he starts cackling about USC football for the 4th time in the 1st half hour. I have Sirius, so I usually listen to Timmy B. Pissed that my radio can't handle best of XM for mlb channel.

But sometimes its so brutal when your choice is Bulldog talking about BL Football, Terrapin Times on Haynie, or Cowherd. Noon radio hour can either be great or terrible.

This is true, very true. How Bulldog is still on the air is beyond me. Haynie needs to get out of 1570 in the worst way.

The so called "experts" will just say that it's "good ol' Red Sox-Yankee baseball!":rolleyes:

WWBCD? - What Would Bob Costas Do?

If Bob Costas or someone in the sports world said what CC said - what would our reaction be?

Incredulous that someone as brillient and knowledgable as Bob Costas would say such a moronic thing, followed by chalking it up to an "everybody gets one" type of mistake.

I disagree completely and entirely. Even the idea that he's actually a bad person for choosing the Yankees seems absurd to me.
I don't know if it's more disconcerting that the fans have such a visceral over-the-top negative reaction to a human being who simply made a business decision that very few of us would have made differently -- or that they actually seem to believe their own rhetoric.

If it was a dungeons and dragons kind of thing, where folks are role-playing just for fun ... okay, it's a bit immature, but I suppose all part of the fan experience, for those who get their jollies from getting so intensely emotional about this. But what scares me is that it seems to carry over into real life for so many. Much as I love the O's as a recreational outlet, I recognize that it's just a friggin game. Seems like a lot of the fans don't recognize that distinction. Unreal.

I don't know if it's more disconcerting that the fans have such a visceral over-the-top negative reaction to a human being who simply made a business decision that very few of us would have made differently -- or that they actually seem to believe their own rhetoric.

If it was a dungeons and dragons kind of thing, where folks are role-playing just for fun ... okay, it's a bit immature, but I suppose all part of the fan experience, for those who get their jollies from getting so intensely emotional about this. But what scares me is that it seems to carry over into real life for so many. Much as I love the O's as a recreational outlet, I recognize that it's just a friggin game. Seems like a lot of the fans don't recognize that distinction. Unreal.

If I were in his situation, I'd take less money to go to the Orioles, because that's where my heart would be.

His situation would be different in that he was more of a Yankee fan and wanted to win right now. I think that was what the decision was based on.

Archived