8/4 @ Cleveland, Burnes vs Williams

SilverRocket

I was one of the people who complained about Mayo's defense in the minors....but on that play it did not seem he really had a big chance to make it.  Maybe if he was a 23 year old Machado he makes it easy....but Mayo just isn't going to be that guy.

2 minutes ago, Pat Kelly said:

As solid as Burns is, he is just not that guy, especially against good teams.  6 runs today should be more than enough fpr a true ace. 

He's certainly that guy, but at the right price. Not what someone is going to give him.

Though he probably lost a few million on that swing alone.

Burns plays crappy defense, has thrown the ball away a bunch, everyone steals against him, he has not had a scoreless outing this year.   He is more a number 2 than a number 1 for me.   Bradish is much more that guy.  

Just now, LookitsPuck said:

We can’t afford his defense. It was my biggest worry since this team defense is already abysmal.

Looked like he would’ve been safe even if he fields that cleanly, no?

Just now, eddie83 said:

Two cheap hits and a bomb. 

One of the cheap hits was on him. He lets that Ramirez ball go (that he compounded with an error) and Henderson likely gets it. Ramirez’s second hit was definitely a cheapie though. 

1 minute ago, Gurgi said:

I was one of the people who complained about Mayo's defense in the minors....but on that play it did not seem he really had a big chance to make it.  Maybe if he was a 23 year old Machado he makes it easy....but Mayo just isn't going to be that guy.

He’s way too big and uncoordinated to play third base. First base is the only option other than that DH

to play third base