8/4 @ Cleveland, Burnes vs Williams

SilverRocket

3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

This series has been all about Kwan, Ramirez and the Cleveland BP. They are killers.

Hopefully someone is taking notes and reminds Hyde who we can and can't pitch to when we face them again...

7 minutes ago, SteveA said:

He and Mayo are looking like automatic outs in the 7 an 8 spots here.    Weak grounders a high % of the time, Cedric throws in some popups for variety.    Thank goodness we have Holliday at 9 so the opposing pitcher can't coast throught he bottom 3.

I'll bet we see Slater get a start over Mullins vs a righty at least once in Toronto.

Should have traded Mayo before he showed he can't hit MLB pitching.  Now it's too late.  😢

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

1.127 OPS versus southpaws, but it worked this time.

Yeah, pulling Smith there kind of surprised me.   I'd have given him one more batter.

Hyde always errs on the side of changing relievers too soon and using more of them.

But overall a really good job by our relievers in the 6th and 7th.    Off day tomorrow and Cano had a really quick 9th yesterday so I'm sure he's lined up for the 9th.   

R-L-R due inthe 8th so Perez is probably done.   Kimbrel?  Webb?

So we lost Gillispie in the minor league Rule 5 Draft.

We all know about the successes that various teams including the Orioles have had from the major league Rule 5 draft.   But I have to say I'm not familiar with the results of the minor league Rule 5 draft.   Have the Orioles ever gotten anyone via that route that turned out to be good?   Have we ever lost anyone that way who has gone on to have success with the team that took him?

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

So we lost Gillispie in the minor league Rule 5 Draft.

We all know about the successes that various teams including the Orioles have had from the major league Rule 5 draft.   But I have to say I'm not familiar with the results of the minor league Rule 5 draft.   Have the Orioles ever gotten anyone via that route that turned out to be good?   Have we ever lost anyone that way who has gone on to have success with the team that took him?

usa_today_16889154.0.jpg