Erik Bedard.....

TyCobb

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090514&content_id=4731744&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Looks like Bedard will miss his next start. Nothing serious. Could actually be back a couple days after his schedule day to pitch.

The manager said he try to pitch through it. Which explains why he had no control of his fastball.

Bedard is a lot tougher than a lot of people treated him when he was on our club.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=txmarinersbedard&prov=st&type=lgns

Good ole Garrett Olson is scheduled to take his start.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bedard won last night allowing 1 run in 6.2 IP. His record is 3-2. He's 3rd in ERA and 8th in strikeouts. The quality is there but he has missed a start and has only gone 7+ innings twice in 9 starts. I'm sure the Mariners would like to get more innings from him as the year progresses.

Bedard won last night allowing 1 run in 6.2 IP. His record is 3-2. He's 3rd in ERA and 8th in strikeouts. The quality is there but he has missed a start and has only gone 7+ innings twice in 9 starts. I'm sure the Mariners would like to get more innings from him as the year progresses.

I'd love to have Bedard in our rotation next season, durability concerns be damned.

If he'll take a 3-year deal, I would give it to him in a heartbeat.

I think Seattle is happy with what they are getting from him. His only start he didn't get through was the 5th inning was the game he got hurt.

The best thing about Bedard is that he never really gives up a lot of runs.

2 Games were he gave up 3 ER

3 games were he gave up 2 ER

3 games were he gave up 1 ER

1 Game were he gave up 0 ER

The guy gives his team the chance to win every game he pitches.

If you look beyond that missed start, his average innings isn't that far behind those of Tim Lincecum (6.5), Felix Hernandez, A. J. Burnett and Javier Vazquez (6.4), or Justin Verlander (6.3) and Josh Beckett (6.2), and it is better than Roy Oswalt's (5.64). He has been able to provide innings when he has been healthy, and if not for the ridiculously inconsistent strike zone in his second start against the Twins he could have gone one more inning even though he was pitching injured.

Bedard mentioned in trade rumors to Philly possibly.

As the Jake Peavy saga drags on, the Mariners' Erik Bedard should become an increasingly popular trade target.

Jon Heyman of SI.com reports that Bedard is reasonably priced at $7.75 million and could enhance several rotations, including those of the Phillies, who could now lose Brett Myers for the year, plus the White Sox, Brewers and others.

http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/features/rumors

The Mariners' definitely trade Bedard. The team offense is so bad that it doesn't really matter how good their OF defense and pitching staff are this season.

Bedard with the Brewers sounds pretty interesting....

Bedard with the Brewers sounds pretty interesting....

It is interesting, but I think he ends up in Philly. Amaro is playing it cool now, but it won't be easy for the Phillies to repeat with their current rotation.

It is interesting, but I think he ends up in Philly. Amaro is playing it cool now, but it won't be easy for the Phillies to repeat with their current rotation.

I have to say...Bedard to the White Sox with Ozzie as Manager could be even more interesting....

Archived