O’s face Drew Rasmussen tonight, less than 13 months post-TJ

Frobby

1 hour ago, Roll Tide said:

Did Springs pitch at all in the minors?

Answered my own question….He threw 12 innings over 12 appearances. They show as starts even though for 1 inning. Assuming that was one everyone 4 or 5 days it’s 2 months worth.

Not sure where you got that information, but it’s wrong.  Springs threw 32 innings before he was recalled, including 2 IP in 3 FCL appearances, then 30 innings in 9 appearances, the last of which was a 5 inning stint.   
https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=spring000jef&type=pgl&year=2024

24 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Not sure where you got that information, but it’s wrong.  Springs threw 32 innings before he was recalled, including 2 IP in 3 FCL appearances, then 30 innings in 9 appearances, the last of which was a 5 inning stint.   
https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=spring000jef&type=pgl&year=2024

Yep … sorry  read the line. My point was he was pitching somewhere before 15 months.

Around the AL, Tyler Mahle (5.22.2023 TJ on my notes) pitched his first start for Texas a few days ago, and Roster Resources projects Cleveland will be throwing Matthew Boyd (6.28.2023 TJ) next week.

Kris Bubic who was about same time as Jeffrey Springs after about 1 month of the 2023 regular season is back to a late inning relief role with Kansas City.

It'll be interesting to see what level of game action or lack thereof the Rays and Shane McClanahan (8.21.2023 TJ) plan together.     I think in that general timeline it can mean something to give the player a token Game 162 inning to "check the box" if they hit all their markers in the first 13 months.    Shane McClanahan can perhaps pretend to be Ryan Yarbrough for an inning, and then smile bigger on the golf course the next week.

How formidable the 2025 Rays are will be affected a lot by how much the surgeon took from those big 3 guys.