8/16 - Red Sox vs. Orioles

86this

3 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

Sure Kimbrel sucks, but I blame more on our complete inability get a ball out of the infield to take advantage of a runner at third with less than 2 outs.(twice).but tonight this is absolutely on Burnes...he was God awful, and he hasn't been very good in a while..I hope hes not hurt...

And Burnes expects 250mil this off season, what a joke!!!!

8 minutes ago, Campmoon said:

...or on 1 day rest or when coming in prior to the ninth inning or when he walks the first batter or during the summer season or vs Oakland or when...

Or when the temperature is over 80, or under 60, or when the crowd is too loud, or it's too sunny, or overcast, or the wind is over 10 mph, ....

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Uli2001 said:

After losing the closer's job, Kimbrel appears to have just let himself go. Not professional.

He previously lost the closer job at the end of April and proceeded to work his way back into two months of dominance. I don’t think “give up and pout my way into retirement” is really part of the mental makeup of HOF caliber closers. 

He lost the closer job because he was pitching terribly. He’s just continued to pitch terribly. I don’t think there’s much more to it than that — and I don’t see any particular reason to doubt the effort or desire, even though the results continue to be admittedly absolutely terrible. 

Edited by e16bball
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, baltfan said:

Who are these guys from AAA that you think can get it done up here. The lack of pitching depth in the high minors is a big problem for this club 

There are guys to try. Houston Roth, Dylan Heid, Brandon Young.