Stick a fork in us

DocJJ

4 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Does it make the OP wrong though?  There’s a lot reasons to say we’re done. The OP is entitled to his opinion. Sorry if that currently disagrees with group think. We all want to win. I hope. 

You do realize that there is a group think that:

1. The hitters aren’t trying

2.  There’s no leadership to motivate these guys

3.  It must be Hyde’s fault.

4. It must be Elias’ fault.

5. It must be the coaches fault.

6. It must be somebody’s fault because we can’t except that all of these things are probably fine and we’re losing anyway.

You are part of the group think you keep accusing others of.   You don’t have some kind of unique take.   

59 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

Yeah, maybe a top 20 team

Even a team like the Tigers with their young pitching studs has passed the Orioles

It's all about pitching, and Mike Elias ignores pitching

Time for a GM change Baltimore

Detroit has definitely passed us. Please post when those young studs get injured and are gone for nextyear and half. Talk about cherry piking.

At this snapshot in time, we are not a very good team.  Crushed by injuries, most of lineup in massive slumps (including Adley with a .262 OBP in August), a relatively weak healthy rotation with our ace going through a rough patch, a shaky bullpen, spotty infield defense, and not getting fortunate breaks in close games. 

However, Adley’s true talent level is probably not a .262 OBP guy. Nor is Corbin Burnes an 8.71 ERA guy.  Many of our injured players (excluding TJ guys) are likely to return for the playoffs, even if one or two have setbacks.  

We still have probably a 90% chance of making the tournament, though wild card is more likely than division at this point.  Now the longer these slumps continue, the lower that will go and one or two key injuries could reshape our outlook.

As the Rangers showed last year, what really matters is how you are playing I. October.

So tired of hearing the Rangers comps...

It was a rare occurrence that is unlikely to be repeated.

Keep in mind the Rangers also had a manager with tons of playoff experience that ran circles around Cash, Hyde, Baker et al on their way to the WS.

22 hours ago, Three Run Homer said:

The O's were in crisis at various points last season too.  They always were able to rebound.

I thought this season was in danger of going off the rails after the first two games of the Cleveland series.  Then the O's came back and won the last two games.    I thought the O's were in grave danger of losing 3 of 4 to Boston last weekend.  The O's came back and salvaged a split.  

I think it's fair to say that the O's reached the low point of the season tonight.  Their ace was shellacked yet again.  The offense did nothing.  They've gotten only three hits two games in a row.  Their new closer has given up two walk off homers in a row.  

The O's have consistently come back from the brink over the last two seasons.  Can they do it now, against the hottest team in baseball?  Can they salvage a split?  A month ago, you would have said that there is no way that Suarez, Povich and Kremer could be the pitchers to right the ship, yet all three of them pitched brilliantly in their last start. 

The O's can bounce back--and they'd better bounce back, this weekend.  

Well, that was a pretty dramatic bounce back.  

What a great trigger for a potential turnaround. And not just by Anthony the Great, but other key underachievers of late.

Just barely, that is, but that's baseball.

Notably, Burch Smith rebounding to good form; Kimbrel's escape from the 7th after two hits; Rutschman's squeaker through the infield to fuel the rally; and Ser-Anthony keeping the ball in the yard.

About time this supporting cast all succeeded for once. Or maybe it's finally our turn on the wheel of good fortune. 

Its just one game and this team has a world of problems for at least the next month until we see what we have with returning players, and even IF they can play at a level they once did...but tonight they got off the deck and came back and won big, and fired up that crowd. We know it's going to be a long hard haul, but maybe, just maybe they might find their MOJO again. I cant remember the last time they rallied like they did tonight, but it sure showed everyone that this team IS indeed, capable of bouncing back and perhaps turn the light back on. Even if we lose this Astro series I think this was the kind of win that can light our way...I'd Love to see this team play at least .500 ball somehow for the next 3 weeks and then see what we can do with returning players. Clearly we miss Westburg as much as anybody..and Im not sure he'll be back...but if 2 of our pitchers and 1 or two relievers return, we might be a better team.And thats all you can ask for.I still say Mayo needs to be brought up, to see if he can light us up too...even as a DH.

• Upvote 1

You guys are a bunch of sad sacks. I get being upset but put it into perspective a little. We are still neck and neck for first, we are injured, we have little depth and reliability in the bullpen and we are playing first place teams. The Calvary is on the way and September you guys are going to look pretty foolish with your woe is me crap. Roy, you’re annoying. I don’t like you as a fan. I think you are as weak as a feather in the wind. Wherever it blows, so shall you. Must be infuriating to deal with in reality. 

so take a step back, realize we are still going to make the playoffs, we are still going to get back Efflin, Webb, Columbe, Westburg, and Greyson and we are still going to make a run in October. 

I am glad that you think this win was big. It was. This is what we are capable of and yes, it will be a roller coaster ride along the way. So buckle in Baltimore and keep your damn arms inside the vehicle at all times cause this is going to be bumpy as hell. And if you learn to expect it, you might just have a little fun along the way. After all, you guys do enjoy watching this team play right? Right?

4 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

Its just one game and this team has a world of problems for at least the next month until we see what we have with returning players, and even IF they can play at a level they once did...but tonight they got off the deck and came back and won big, and fired up that crowd. We know it's going to be a long hard haul, but maybe, just maybe they might find their MOJO again. I cant remember the last time they rallied like they did tonight, but it sure showed everyone that this team IS indeed, capable of bouncing back and perhaps turn the light back on. Even if we lose this Astro series I think this was the kind of win that can light our way...I'd Love to see this team play at least .500 ball somehow for the next 3 weeks and then see what we can do with returning players. Clearly we miss Westburg as much as anybody..and Im not sure he'll be back...but if 2 of our pitchers and 1 or two relievers return, we might be a better team.And thats all you can ask for.I still say Mayo needs to be brought up, to see if he can light us up too...even as a DH.

Nice post, but please — enough of the ‘Mayo must be back comments’ .  It’s becoming tedious to keep reading that in your posts.