Injury updates

Sports Guy

10 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Sounds like surgery is in Rogers future.  Wasn't he throwing 93/94 in Miami?

The orangest colored glasses might wish something like he's focusing on a new movement pattern from whatever tweak and throttling his effort some, but they probably wouldn't volunteer that kind of info.    We'll see in Sarasota if the surgeon doesn't get him before then.

Jack Flaherty always loves it when media ask him why he's throwing slow.

49 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Sounds like surgery is in Rogers future.  Wasn't he throwing 93/94 in Miami?

He's back to throwing 89-90, but that said...he is down from earlier in the year w/ Miami when he was mostly 92. He averaged 90 with the O's, which is a concern in and of itself. Not sure if that's mechanical related, but they wanted to tweak his mechanics to get *more* not less. So we'll see.

He hasn't thrown 94 reliably on average since 2022, btw.

7 minutes ago, Aglets said:

Really encouraged by the latest news on all of our recovering batters.

What is the latest update that we have heard on Grayson?

Time isn't on their side. Potentially could be available in the BP for the post season. 

4 hours ago, theobird said:

I’m thinking we see Westburg, Urias and DC join the team in NY. Which would be huge

What are the corresponding moves?  I think:

- Option Coby Mayo

- Option Livan Soto

- Option Bryan Baker

- Designate Blake Hunt for Assignment

20 minutes ago, Warehouse said:

What are the corresponding moves?  I think:

- Option Coby Mayo

- Option Livan Soto

- Option Bryan Baker

- Designate Blake Hunt for Assignment

They shouldn’t have to designate anyone they are under 40 man now at 38.  Coulumbe is only guy needed to be added to 40 man.   Jiminez might be odd man out too because he gives you no flexibility.  They might rather keep additional defense guys like Soto in case Urias and Westburg have any issues.  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I've made it clear that if they don't sign Santa and Burnes I'm ok with it as long as the money is allocated to other players they feel that fits their profile better .You know you have people on here like SG who only hears what he wants to hear. I need to learn to ignore that guy. 
    • Oh mr know it all. Who most times is wrong. Lol
    • I also think Santander will age better than Trumbo, despite my repeated comparisons of the two players. But I don't know that he will age better than Trumbo and all of the other one dimensional sluggers who were enjoying the retired millionaire sports star lifestyle by their mid-30s, and I don't want the Orioles to be on the hook when the world finds out in 2 or 3 years. Re-signing Santander to a 4 year, $80 million dollar deal is something the DD/PA regime would have done. Hopefully the ME/DR regime is smarter than that (and I think they are). 22nd percentile is really bad, man. And it's unlikely to improve in his 30s.
    • Looks like Baseball Fandom was at the game today!
    • But that is not what you said. You said he’s a bad fielder, just not quite Trumbo-tier. Thus, you were stating he is close to as bad a fielder as Trumbo was, which is not correct. Generally speaking, no player makes up the loss of offensive value with defensive value as the age. It is usually one of the first things to go. I was not making any sort of argument that he was going to make up declining offense with defense, just pointing out that you made a preposterous statement.
    • At least relative to the rest of the league Santander has an interesting profile because he is comfortably above-average at making contact; his whiff rates are much better than Trumbo's so he's not really as much of a TTO player as you would think.  This gives him hope that he will age a little bit better than someone like Trumbo.  Though he's still got a good shot of being out of the league in 3 years.
    • It's not the money, it's the years.  I wouldn't mind signing him for a year or two, even at what I'd consider to be stupid money.  But what I DON'T agree with is signing him for any more than 2-3 years as I don't think he's going to age well.  And I expect him to get more than 3 years from someone, so I'm a hard pass.  Can we afford him?  Money wise, sure.  But I don't want to see us stuck with him 4-5 years down the road when his skillset has greatly diminished, but he's still playing every day because we owe him a lot of money and a lot of loyalty.  Let some other club take that risk, get the QO pick and move on.  
  • Popular Contributors