Injury updates

Sports Guy

Elias throwing down ringers on Nashville battling for 2nd half 2nd place in the IL West.

If they both play same game, I guess will be notable who is 2B and who is 3B.

Will the teammates take one car down?      Holiday Inn Express, or maybe Coby Mayo's apartment is available for sublet?

I'll guess 2 at-bats Thursday, 3 at-bats Friday, and 4 at-bats Sunday in Baltimore so Yankees arms aren't the very first ones they see back.

13 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Elias throwing down ringers on Nashville battling for 2nd half 2nd place in the IL West.

If they both play same game, I guess will be notable who is 2B and who is 3B.

Will the teammates take one car down?      Holiday Inn Express, or maybe Coby Mayo's apartment is available for sublet?

I'll guess 2 at-bats Thursday, 3 at-bats Friday, and 4 at-bats Sunday in Baltimore so Yankees arms aren't the very first ones they see back.

That’s possible.

37 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Is one or two games in Norfolk too short of a rehab?

I don't see the downside in trying to get them into games this weekend, given the struggles of the offense.  I would think having them up by Tuesday at the latest would be a given, assuming health. 

Getting them healthy is by far the top priority. Of course I want them back ASAP. 

27 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Getting them healthy is by far the top priority. Of course I want them back ASAP. 

Well, to be starting rehab games they have been deemed healthy by someone or close enough to 100 percent.  I think it's about getting them some kind of reps of live action at this point, and quickly getting them on the roster for the stretch run. 

On 9/13/2024 at 8:17 PM, Brooks The Great said:

O'Hearn has already cost the team valuable at bats that could have gone to Norby, Kjerstad, and Mayo, ultimately lowering this team's offensive ceiling. It's well past time to move on from O'Hearn and commit to the future of the team. I was against bringing back O'Hearn from the beginning of the season precisely because he was blocking too many good prospects, and because he was a limited, unproven commodity.  

Can we wait until Mayo picks up maybe a third or fourth MLB hit before conveniently lumping him into this statement?  OHearn may suck right now but Mayo is Liberace suck at this point.

Edited by OrioleintheATL

3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Not sure why but it was planned.  He faced 3 batters. 

Ya I just watched his inning on MiLB.com. He looked pretty sharp. They replaced him with a RH after his 3 batters, looked completely normal. The O's must want him on the roster, probably to be available on Friday?

Just now, Jagwar said:

Ya I just watched his inning on MiLB.com. He looked pretty sharp. They replaced him with a RH after his 3 batters, looked completely normal. The O's must want him on the roster, probably to be available on Friday?

That’s my thinking. Part of me is a little surprised they aren’t giving him more rehab innings but there isn’t much season left and I’m sure they want him in ML Games, especially before the playoffs start.

Just now, Sports Guy said:

That’s my thinking. Part of me is a little surprised they aren’t giving him more rehab innings but there isn’t much season left and I’m sure they want him in ML Games, especially before the playoffs start.

And... McDermott looked pretty sharp too, especially his splitter/change. Lots of whiffs on that pitch.

• Upvote 1