Sept 17 -- Suarez vs Cy Snell.

ShoelesJoe

1 minute ago, ShoelesJoe said:

My family and I spent $800 on Orioles tickets today, over a grand spent in the last two weeks. I watch these guys going through the motions, and Hyde playing bystander, and it feels like I’m a chump for being a fan. 

I would not spend a dime on this team right now and I went to spring training and about 6 games earlier this year. No more

Automatic outs up and down this lineup

2 minutes ago, Jagwar said:

Huh? We have no Westburg, Urias, Mateo or Mountcastle in the lineup. Instead we have Soto, Rivera, Jimenez and Mayo. What the frick do you expect from that lineup?

Probably for the other 5 hitters to not look like chumps day in and day out? Only 1 is hitting on any given day.

• Thanks 1

Just now, terpoh said:

Gunnar Henderson has been one of the best hitters in baseball in September. Santander is always streaky. Adley has been cold. Who else do you consider top guys in the lineup? We play 4-6 guys a night that should not be in a major league lineup.

For a long while in the 2nd half Gunnar wasn't. Satander has been awful lately , no way around it.  O'Hearn has been awful, even against good mathcups.  Adley has been awful.  These guys need to prodouce because  the rest of the line up is awful.  That's why even with all these injuries, they shouldn't be this bad offensely.    

• Upvote 2

I'm sorry, the Orioles have to question they're hitting development when both Holliday and Mayo are absolute ZEROS at the major league level. 

I've never seen two better prospects absolutely crap their pants in their first taste of the majors. I mean, like they are worse than pitchers hitting bad. 

• Upvote 4

Just now, Jagwar said:

Huh? We have no Westburg, Urias, Mateo or Mountcastle in the lineup. Instead we have Soto, Rivera, Jimenez and Mayo. What the frick do you expect from that lineup?

Yeah, I know.  But that doesn't explain Henderson slump with bat and glove, Adley disappearing, Santander hitting homeruns or nothing, Cowser swinging at EVERYTHING and striking out like Rob Deere, etc.  Yes, we have injuries.  But we have issues BEYOND just the injuries.  If those who are NOT injured were still hitting like they can, we'd be in a much better position.  Injuries are certainly A reason, but too many are also using them as an excuse when we STILL have some good players who simply are not playing up to their potential, compounding the problem.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, terpoh said:

Gunnar Henderson has been one of the best hitters in baseball in September. Santander is always streaky. Adley has been cold. Who else do you consider top guys in the lineup? We play 4-6 guys a night that should not be in a major league lineup.

Thank you. our lineup just straight up sucks.  All during the season some people didn't think Mounty should be in the lineup. Now we see what it's like without him.

Just now, mrbig1 said:

Thank you. our lineup just straight up sucks.  All during the season some people didn't think Mounty should be in the lineup. Now we see what it's like without him.

Yup. 3 pariahs: Mateo, Ramon, and Mountcastle. And they’d easily be 3 of the better hitters in this lineup if healthy.

• Like 1