Will the Orioles make the playoffs?

LookitsPuck

Will the Orioles make the playoffs?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Orioles make the playoffs?

• Yes
    • No

5 hours ago, Frobby said:

I’m pretty disgusted with how the Orioles have played recently, regardless of whether they eke into the playoffs.  This shouldn’t even have been in question.  

That said, I won’t give up hope that they wake up and make some noise in the playoffs.   

This is where I am. This 2024 squad is just not a lot of fun to watch and that giant beeping sounds is them backing into the playoffs thanks to their great April-May.

We understand the injuries, but the lack of clutchiness is so frustrating to watch. 

Any sap of enjoyment I had with this team was washed away with the absolutely horrid no outs, tie game, 9th inning, runners on 2nd and 3rd ineptitude. 

They're going to make the playoffs and sure, the other wild card teams are struggling too, but unless this team has a miracle playoff run, this is just going to go down as one of the most frustrating playoff seasons to watch ever. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Is getting swept by NYY isn’t so crazy. Do we even hold Burnes and Eflin back for game 1 and 2 of the twins series?  Why waste them in NYY

NYY will probably be resting starters after they clinch the division.  I would rather just try to win a game (or 2) in the NYY series.  At this point I don't care what Wild Card the O's get.  The most important things are being as healthy as possible and lining up starters right.  I don't see any advantage on being #4 seed vs #6 seed.  

1 minute ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

NYY will probably be resting starters after they clinch the division.  I would rather just try to win a game (or 2) in the NYY series.  At this point I don't care what Wild Card the O's get.  The most important things are being as healthy as possible and lining up starters right.  I don't see any advantage on being #4 seed vs #6 seed.  

You don't believe home field advantage exists in baseball?

3 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

They’ll have a good week or so after the season ends to rest their starters, I doubt they do an additional week. 

42 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Very slight advantage, but not near as big as having the optimal starters lined up.

OK cool.  Eflin is scheduled to pitch on Wednesday, and Burnes on Thursday.  So they are both already lined up to be all good to go by the start of the wildcard round.  Is there someone else you are worried about?  Kremer goes tomorrow, so i guess i could see that being an issue if you really want to save him for the potential 3rd WC game.  He would technically be lined up to pitch on game 162.

I would like to have our top pitchers lined up and also to get homefield.