9/24 - How about we clinch some playoffs tonight vs. the MFY!

spleen1015

2 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

The Orioles bullpen is mediocre this is not a great Yankees lineup outside a couple hitters.

Jazz Chisholm was the perfect leadoff batter for the Ys.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Happen to catch the O’s game? Was it boring?
    • Dude's a Yankee killer.  I like him as an innings eater sp but I don't think he'll ever be a great pitcher. I recall looking at his stats thru one, two, three times they the lineup and seeing him do very well the first two times. I feel like he could be a stud long reliever. 
    • There really haven’t been too many close pennant races involving the Yankees and the Orioles.   These are the closest finishes: 2012: Yankees 95, Orioles 93 (O’s eliminated in game 162; last held the lead in game 159) 1997: Orioles 98, Yankees 96 (Yankees eliminated in game 161; O’s led wire to wire) 1974: Orioles 91, Yankees 89 (Yankees eliminated in game 161; last held the lead in game 154) 1964: Yankees 99, Orioles 97 (O’s eliminated in game 160; last held the lead in game 151) 1980: Yankees 103, Orioles 100 (O’s eliminated in game 160; last held the lead in game 9) 1977: Yankees 100, Orioles 97 (O’s eliminated in game 159; last held the lead in game 105)  1996: Yankees 92, Orioles 88 (O’s eliminated in game 159; last held the lead in game 49). This year’s race is the next-closest, and there’s really nothing else that was even remotely close.  
    • They said 1st triple play to end a game since 2009.  So yeah, it's probably never happened to end a game to clinch a playoff spot.    
    • And yes, Ohtani-Betts-Freeman were coming next so they were in big trouble before the triple play.
    • I hope youre wrong too, but I think you are right.
    • 4-2 Padres bottom of the 9th, Dodgers have bases runners at 1st and 2nd none out. Robert Suarez is on the verge of blowing yet another save having already given up 3 straight hits. The ball is hit sharply to Manny who gets the ball and runs back to 3rd, then swings the ball around the horn for a Triple play.  And that play clinches a playoff berth for the Padres.  Wonder if that has ever happened, a triple play that clinches a playoff berth, probably not.  Hell of an ending!
  • Popular Contributors