Looks like the Detroit Tigers (Update: O's play KC in 1st round of playoffs)

Baseball fandom

48 minutes ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

What's with the Aubrey Huff hate?

I recall him being kind of disappointing while he was here, but I don't remember him doing anything egregious, like calling Baltimore a s***hole or kicking a puppy or anything. 

Because the guy is a racist, sexist, homophobic nut bag who also cheats on his wife. That’s on top of calling Baltimore a horse-s* town. He’s easily the worst to ever play in Baltimore, but a very close second is Schilling. 

All that said, somebody spill the tea on Britt and Guthrie. I always thought Guthrie was a class act. Don’t care about the shirt.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, LookitsPuck said:

Because the guy is a racist, sexist, homophobic nut bag who also cheats on his wife. That’s on top of calling Baltimore a horse-s* town. He’s easily the worst to ever play in Baltimore, but a very close second is Schilling. 

All that said, somebody spill the tea on Britt and Guthrie. I always thought Guthrie was a class act. Don’t care about the shirt.

Worse than Albert Bell or Delmon Young?  Folks here love Delmon and he's been charged with a hate crime.

Lots of ballplayers aren't good people.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Worse than Albert Bell or Delmon Young?  Folks here love Delmon and he's been charged with a hate crime.

Lots of ballplayers aren't good people.

Delmon is a dirtbag, too. Belle was crazy.

Huff still is the worst and it’s not even close. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

The Royals record this season was 74-75 when not playing the White Sox. This is a mediocre team and agreed it will be a disappointing season if the Orioles can't take care of business in the the wildcard.

Bobby Witt jr elevates any team above the mediocre. He may not be Skubal, but he will be scary. And we can’t just walk him every time. Burnes can’t be bothered to hold runners, so Witt could steal his way around every time.

5 hours ago, allquixotic said:

I still wear around my 2014 ALDS hat (Division Champs). It's my preferred O's hat. But it's sweaty, well-worn, and it wants a rest. It wants to be carefully cleaned and preserved, and hung up on a nail in the wall in the basement den.

I'll be able to hang it up if we win the ALDS this year. I'm hoping for more, but I'll update it to a 2024 ALDS Champs hat as soon as they're available. So come on, beat KC, and beat the MFYs.

Maybe I should be, but I’m not worried about the Yankees.

20 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I mean, if he’s on yours, fine. I don’t think he’d be on Tony’s but he can clarify that. 

He wouldn’t be close to being on mine. 

Why not? He broke my heart. He was one of my favorite players, and he shook his finger, and although his excuse for failing that test is possible, it’s not probable.

He broke a lot of hearts, because a lot of people believed in him.