ALWC Game 1 Attendance

DrinkinWithFermi

22 minutes ago, ORIOLE33 said:

Over the years, it seems that I have heard every excuse in the book when it comes to attendance. I've heard the school excuse. I've heard the work excuse. I've heard the "it's too dangerous" excuse. I've heard the "there's a festival or concert going on excuse. Am I leaving anything out? 

I think the excuse that the team sucked the last 3 months was legitimate. And had much more impact on the WC attendance than the start time/short notice. 

15 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

There was a “letdown” from winning a division to falling to a WC spot. I guarantee had they made the DS and LCS those games sell out. 

The price point was ridiculous and they had little momentum. 

Yeah it was priced initially the same as the ALDS games, same as last year. Nobody was rushing to pay those prices. And by the time the tickets reached appropriate levels, by the Orioles lowering their prices or the secondary market coming down in price, fans have like 24 hours to figure out their plans to attend a mid afternoon game. It’s just not worth getting upset about — we still had an awesome crowd and the only thing missing was an offense to ignite it. 

2 hours ago, ORIOLE33 said:

Over the years, it seems that I have heard every excuse in the book when it comes to attendance. I've heard the school excuse. I've heard the work excuse. I've heard the "it's too dangerous" excuse. I've heard the "there's a festival or concert going on excuse. Am I leaving anything out? 

No excuses, but here's the reason:

4k TV, 65 inches or however big it is.  AC.  Can order food from a local joint or make my own.  Don't have to pay 8 bucks for a beer.  Don't have to sit in traffic on the way to the park, don't have to pay for parking.  

It's hard to beat the at-home experience.  I'll take my kid when he gets old enough to appreciate it, for sure...I think every dad who is a baseball fan and wants to show their kid the game should definitely take their son or daughter to games.  I've been to Camden Yards probably 100+ times.  I was there for 2,130, 2,131, the day Cal ended the streak, the 93 all star game, playoff games...I've got great memories.  I don't feel the need to go again anytime soon.

13 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

No excuses, but here's the reason:

4k TV, 65 inches or however big it is.  AC.  Can order food from a local joint or make my own.  Don't have to pay 8 bucks for a beer.  Don't have to sit in traffic on the way to the park, don't have to pay for parking.  

It's hard to beat the at-home experience.  I'll take my kid when he gets old enough to appreciate it, for sure...I think every dad who is a baseball fan and wants to show their kid the game should definitely take their son or daughter to games.  I've been to Camden Yards probably 100+ times.  I was there for 2,130, 2,131, the day Cal ended the streak, the 93 all star game, playoff games...I've got great memories.  I don't feel the need to go again anytime soon.

Are other teams having the same issue or do they not have doordash?