Would you say that the Tigers rebuild is more successful than the O's?

wildcard

4 hours ago, JR Oriole said:

Had we won 4 of 6 against them instead of losing 4 of 6, they finish with 84 wins and Seattle takes their spot.  

They did go 20-12 (0.625) against the AL East this year, which is pretty solid. 

Yeah really that was a very bizarre comment buy him. That AL East record and they took 4 or 6 from Baltimore without Skubal pitching any of those games. Lol

6 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

It’s about talent. That’s why I mentioned the farm systems..and btw, the Tigers have 2 top 10 prospects

A lot of people were acting like the Tigers were a failed rebuild and needed a tear down as recent as mid season.  I'm not saying you were one.  It's funny what making the postseason and luck in the postseason will do.  I think one poster said they were almost devoid of offensive talent other than Greene.

7 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

We took the guys they figured they didn't need?

They had a ton of depth. Doesn’t mean they weren’t good enough for their pen. Money may have been a factor too. Ie, keep some of the cheaper guys(maybe more service time too?)

2 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

A lot of people were acting like the Tigers were a failed rebuild and needed a tear down as recent as mid season.  I'm not saying you were one.  It's funny what making the postseason and luck in the postseason will do.  I think one poster said they were almost devoid of offensive talent other than Greene.

I thought they had to deal Skubal because I didn’t buy they could truly contend in 2025.

Now, they have had some unreal good luck but credit to them for how they have played.

It won’t surprise me if they miss the playoffs next year though. See how good Jobe can be next year. 

16 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I thought they had to deal Skubal because I didn’t buy they could truly contend in 2025.

Now, they have had some unreal good luck but credit to them for how they have played.

It won’t surprise me if they miss the playoffs next year though. See how good Jobe can be next year. 

I think both DET and KC will need good fortune to make the playoffs next year. If either one had the injuries the 24 Orioles did they aren’t making it. 

32 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I think both DET and KC will need good fortune to make the playoffs next year. If either one had the injuries the 24 Orioles did they aren’t making it. 

Truth. That and also the CWS not being historically bad (just regular bad).