Do we agree that developing Kjerstad RF, Holliday 2B and Mayo 1B/DH.......

wildcard

is one of the main goals of the 2025 season?

All three go to ST with that in mind.   Not all three have to break camp as regulars or even in be in the majors to start the season.   But by mid season these guys should be regulars.   This should be part of the plan to improve the O's playoff chances IMO.

What say you?

4 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I think the FO/fanbase was hoping for at least the platoon option of Heston/Mayo in RF to replace Santa. 

Can either one of them play out there defensively?  

I have been pretty happy with Kjerstad's defense in the outfield corners.   Not that I want him in left at home.    

I agree with what Elias said about Mayo's body type being more suited for 1B.

Edited by wildcard

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

Maybe not to everyone.  Some may think one or more could be traded.  Just like to see what the OH thinks.

Well sure they could be traded but if they are here, obviously their development is near the top of the list.

Edited by Sports Guy

3 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Is Mayo 3B off the table?

According to Elias Mayo's 3B defensive development is behind his 1B development.   To get his bat in the lineup 1B/DH seems like his quickest path the majors.

He could still workout at 3B and play there in certain situations but that is not where he will see most of his playing time in the majors according to Elias comment.

Edited by wildcard

I think you’ve got to go into ST with the hope that all three are able to be every day players but also have a solid backup plan that doesn’t include guaranteeing big contracts or a lot of playing time to others.

It feels like Mayo at 1st has been in the cards for quite awhile. Mountcastle and O’Hearn gotta go. Kjerstad is a DH, not an OF unless absolutely necessary. And Holliday is just gonna have to figure himself out at 2B. I’m all for moving him to RF and moving Westburg to 2B and Urias staying on 3B but who knows if that’s even feasible.