I really don't understand the argument...

ejf1025

Can he pitch???? Our lineup could be as good as the Rangers...Sadly our pitching is worse. Just wait until ou rotation wears out the pen. Wieters doesnt improve the rotation. So really lets be honest. Are we blaming Zaun???

As I said in the other thread...if Wieters gives you just one more win it's worth it.

You act like he's a delicate little flower. He's ready, he's better. You're calling him up very soon anyway...what's the rush?? Why the wait?

It doesn't hurt us. AT ALL.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You seem to be making a really lame argument here far worse than any of yours I have ever seen in all reality! Zaun versus Wieters isn't going to do much, if anything to realistically improve this team this season. Zaun cannot hit like Wieters but his game calling is going to offset that. Granted, it won't hurt Wieters to start getting some experience but to say that he's going to have much of an impact when the starting pitching is at best 2/5's of an average major league quality staff is just beyond ludicrous!:eek:

Zaun's game calling isn't even close to offsetting the extreme offensive difference between the 2.

Wieters also has the far superior arm to stop the running game.

We have heard from many people that Wieters game calling is fine.

Some in the organization bring it up to give him something to work on...TOugh to say you are perfect.

DT talked about all the film work he did in ST...The time he spent with the pitchers, etc....He didn't seem the slightest bit concerned about anything like this.

Its something he has to work i am sure...Just as any young catcher.

But he is so much better than Zaun, its not funny...I mean, Zaun isn't even in the same stratosphere as Wieters.

You seem to be making a really lame argument here far worse than any of yours I have ever seen in all reality! Zaun versus Wieters isn't going to do much, if anything to realistically improve this team this season. Zaun cannot hit like Wieters but his game calling is going to offset that. Granted, it won't hurt Wieters to start getting some experience but to say that he's going to have much of an impact when the starting pitching is at best 2/5's of an average major league quality staff is just beyond ludicrous!:eek:

Really. His "game calling" is going to help more then the major increase in offense when:

1) It doesn't matter how you call a game if the pitchers stink.

2) He and Kranitz will be here to teach Wieters what Zaun already knows.

Methinks you need to think about this a little more.

Perhaps not much...but some. Even the smallest, most marginial improvement in team performance is worth it. He won't get hurt by it. He's ready. He's better.

I really just don't get it.

Perhaps not much...but some. Even the smallest, most marginial improvement in team performance is worth it. He won't get hurt by it. He's ready. He's better.

I really just don't get it.

There is a prevailing thought on this site that a prospect should only be brought up until they have reached perfection.

Of course, that will never happen so I am not sure how a player will ever be brought up.

Can he pitch???? Our lineup could be as good as the Rangers...Sadly our pitching is worse. Just wait until ou rotation wears out the pen. Wieters doesnt improve the rotation. So really lets be honest. Are we blaming Zaun???

If we could sign Jose Reyes right now for nothing, would you turn him down because we have a shortstop who hasn't been an issue?

Zaun's game calling isn't even close to offsetting the extreme offensive difference between the 2.

Wieters also has the far superior arm to stop the running game.

We have heard from many people that Wieters game calling is fine.

Some in the organization bring it up to give him something to work on...TOugh to say you are perfect.

DT talked about all the film work he did in ST...The time he spent with the pitchers, etc....He didn't seem the slightest bit concerned about anything like this.

Its something he has to work i am sure...Just as any young catcher.

But he is so much better than Zaun, its not funny...I mean, Zaun isn't even in the same stratosphere as Wieters.

I guess we will see when AM feels Matt is ready.

As I said in the other thread...if Wieters gives you just one more win it's worth it.

You act like he's a delicate little flower. He's ready, he's better. You're calling him up very soon anyway...what's the rush?? Why the wait?

It doesn't hurt us. AT ALL.

How is just one more win going to help? It could actually hurt when it comes to getting a higher pick in the draft next year, which the Orioles should use to take the best pitcher they can find.

Really. His "game calling" is going to help more then the major increase in offense when:

1) It doesn't matter how you call a game if the pitchers stink. WRONG!

2) He and Kranitz will be here to teach Wieters what Zaun already knows. AGREE

Methinks you need to think about this a little more.

WRONG AGAIN

Actually, they would stink a hell of a lot worse if not for Zaun and his veteran game calling. Maybe you need to think about that! A rookie calling a game would be a disaster with this cruddy staff. I hate to even imagine it!:eek:

Do you really think AM believes we are better off with Zaun right now?

I believe he thinks it doesnt matter the Orioles arent winning anything because of the starting pitching. The rotation will wear down & then colapse like last year.... If they were going to call up Wieters after 9 games they shouldnt have sent him to the minors at all.

Archived