Orioles vs Rangers 4/24

Oriolesfan1988

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Texas aren't pink tea drinkers or mollycoddles, they play us tough each game.

Rep--when I can give it again :laughlol:--for the paraphrased Cobb quote.

This particular showing by the Orioles was garbage, plain and simple. Too many tactical mistakes to mention. This loss is shared by all: DT's poor utilization of his players and the players' inability to execute.

Wiggy's back-to-back awful at bats with guys on third and less than two outs just kicked our butts. That and the weird hop on that grounder were the story of the night IMO. The rest of it was what you expect. Young is going to own Sherrill. He just is...

Exactly. Sherrill ends up being the goat but Wiggy's poor ABs were huge.

What a POS game this was.
The Orioles pretty much got pushed around in this one... unfortunately they showed no heart at all.

POS game? The O's got pushed around and showed no heart?

Not sure what game you guys were watching, but I thought it was a good game.

We just lost right at the end, that's all. Just one more out and it all would seem way, way different.

One measly out.

POS game? The O's got pushed around and showed no heart?

Not sure what game you guys were watching, but I thought it was a good game.

We just lost right at the end, that's all. Just one more out and it all would seem way, way different.

One measly out.

One measly strike.

24,319 P--sed Off fans. Plus millions of other fans.

I don't know how it was on TV, but the crowd (perspective at the game) seemed pretty lively.

The Student Nights really bring out the crowds and the enthusiasm for Orioles games.

You are forgetting all the warmup pitches he has to throw as well. Those all add up. Granted he hadn't been used in a day or so, but still one more day of inactivity wouldn't have hurt him.

And you burn through Ray and now likely JJ again to get to Sherrill...

This is just hilarious. I needed a good laugh tonight.

I disagree. The result was horrendous. The bullpen mgmt was perfectly reasonable IMO. It just didn't work. He has done this very type of thing a bazillion times before and nobody says a word when it works. It is funny how smart some of us get AFTER THE FACT.

There was a check swing infield hit, a jam shot blooper inside out over short, a bad hop grounder, a grounder up the middle that izzy couldn't get from under his body. If any of those things don't happen, this is a completely different game.

This post should be required reading, especially the first paragraph.

Archived