5/16 - O's at Royals: Hill's Debut

weams

Does he have a bad rep or something that I don't know about? I mean, Jenks the other day threw behind him and admitted it was intentional. Today, Lackey throws behind him with his first pitch and hits him with his second.

I dunno, I'm not sure. I did hear about those but I think Kinsler hit 2 HR in the game previous so thats why the ump thought they were trying to hit him?? Not sure though

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looked like DT was absolutely giddy when he went out to the mound....

Yes, he did.

Probably happy he has another pitcher he may be able to count on

He's probably been praying hard at night... please, God, please, etc.

It was all DT, he's paranoid or something.

Not sure how you can say that. Two straight hits off Hill and with a righty coming up, why not bring out one of our best relievers to date.

Now if Baez doesn't come out for next inning then I might have a problem with it.

Was Hill starting to look iffy, and I just didn't notice?

Or has DT just become afraid of the 6th inning (with good reason)?

Yeah i thougth Hill was still pitchign fine.

Baez has been a great stopper though, so at least we're seeing him and not one of the terrible relievers we have

I like this move by DT. Tonight's game was a great first start for Hill, and if he gave up the W there I think he'd lose some well-earned confidence. Baez has been great, and seems like he's got a high probability of getting out of the inning (which, go O's!, he just did). Just my opinion.

Was Hill starting to look iffy, and I just didn't notice?

Or has DT just become afraid of the 6th inning (with good reason)?

Because we need Rich Hill to be great. Because he was good. Because there was no way Trembley was pitching him over 90 pitches in his first start. Because Baez was warm. Because there had been two hits albiet cheap ones. Because there was a righthander coming to the plate.

Archived