Being Gutsy in the Bronx – 5/20

O's are Legends

It is so odd to watch Guthrie this year. His command has been really good the last three innings, but it was just atrocious in the first several innings. Last start his command was really good at first until he completely lost it in the fifth. In the Toronto start it was bad early and great late.

He is just all over the place. There is no real rhyme or reason that I can see. He clearly still has his stuff. He just has very inconsistent command. Very weird.

Pretty rattle-proof though...

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
His team got back in striking distance after he dug a 5-0 hole.

5 runs is striking distance with this O's team. All I'm saying is you look at his game log and while it hasn't been pretty( he's given up 3ER in 8 of 9 starts but not more than 5 ER in any start) he doesn't completely blow up and mail it in. He battles and grinds and dare I say is "mentally tough".

Something doesn't look right with Roberts to me either. I wonder if he is frustrated about something. I've got a theory, but I hesitate to write it because some of us will run with it since it is an indictment of someone.

C'mon man, you can't let us hanging like that!

Something doesn't look right with Roberts to me either. I wonder if he is frustrated about something. I've got a theory, but I hesitate to write it because some of us will run with it since it is an indictment of someone.

Does it involve his team being bad?

Yea, don't do it. It will take a life of its own.

5 runs is striking distance with this O's team. All I'm saying is you look at his game log and while it hasn't been pretty( he's given up 3ER in 8 of 9 starts but not more than 5 ER in any start)he doesn't completely blow up and mail it in. He battles and grinds and dare I say is "mentally tough".

It shows how our standards have been lowered when we are thankful that a pitcher didn't dig an even deeper hole than the one he started. Way to hang tough with an ERA for the game of 6.43? I'm sorry but I'd rather we didn't have to hunker down and fight our way back into the game with our "ace" on the mound. Last time we faced Hughes we smacked him around like a red haired stepchild. We could still pull this out, but it would have been nice to coast one game.

Archived