Things are starting to get ugly

Diehard_O's_Fan

It is not even June yet and things are starting to get ugly. The Orioles are getting their butt kicked again tonight and will probably get their butt kicked tomorrow. I sure hope Matt Wieters and company can jumpstart this team and get the Orioles on the winning track.

Andrew,

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was honestly the stupidest damn thing I've ever seen Brian Roberts do. What did he think he was gonna accomplish by reversing? He had a better shot of barrelling in and going to the outside of second than trying to get back to first.

I think somebody has spiked the Gatorade, or something.

Nights like these make me put my Orioles hat waaaaaaaaaay in the back of my closet so I'm not tempted to wear it in public anytime soon. Unfortunately, I find myself doing that a lot.

It really is amazing to me how horrible this team can look at times, when actually making an effort to win games. It's amazing to me how bad luck, bad execution and poor decision making are always in perfect harmony with this team. How is that even possible to the extent that it happens to this team year in and year out, even with different personell on the field?

It really is amazing if you think about it.

Nights like these make me put my Orioles hat waaaaaaaaaay in the back of my closet so I'm not tempted to wear it in public anytime soon. Unfortunately, I find myself doing that a lot.

It really is amazing to me how horrible this team can look at times, when actually making an effort to win games. It's amazing to me how bad luck, bad execution and poor decision making are always in perfect harmony with this team. How is that even possible to the extent that it happens to this team year in and year out, even with different personell on the field?

It really is amazing if you think about it.

It's not just that...its like when we think the breaks are gonna start going our way, with Andino hitting a nice opposite field double and Roberts getting an infield hit, Jones gets rung up on a BS check swing appeal, then Markakis, he of the great batters eye strikes out looking as Roberts steals, and Roberts inexplicably reverses his course...if they just did the crappy stuff, we'd go "well, they suck." But they put themselves in great positions and just Homer Simpson their way right out of them.

Yep...The roster will keep getting better.

The problem is so many of you overrated this team early on and then you get all bent out of shape when they are struggling.

I don't think I rated them at all, but there's a difference between struggling and looking like a bunch of bush leaguers.

Anyone still think this team can win 75 games? Anyone? Bueller?

Nope. Unless Tillman, Arrieta, and Matusz turn into Glavine, Smoltz, and Maddux really fast, we are in deep doo-doo.

I haven't had the chance to watch any of the game tonight...I flipped it on and saw 5-0 and I had to turn it off.

Is Guthrie in his throw exclusively fast balls mode again tonight?

Nope. Unless Tillman, Arrieta, and Matusz turn into Glavine, Smoltz, and Maddux really fast, we are in deep doo-doo.

I haven't had the chance to watch any of the game tonight...I flipped it on and saw 5-0 and I had to turn it off.

Is Guthrie in his throw exclusively fast balls mode again tonight?

Not really. He had a really bad inning where Swisher, Cano, and Cabrera all hit them in to the wind tunnel (he hung it to Cano, but Swisher turned on an inside pitch really well, and Cabrera just launched his), but otherwise he's been somewhat solid.

It's not just that...its like when we think the breaks are gonna start going our way, with Andino hitting a nice opposite field double and Roberts getting an infield hit, Jones gets rung up on a BS check swing appeal, then Markakis, he of the great batters eye strikes out looking as Roberts steals, and Roberts inexplicably reverses his course...if they just did the crappy stuff, we'd go "well, they suck." But they put themselves in great positions and just Homer Simpson their way right out of them.

Let's give Hughes some credit, that pitch was pretty nasty looking. Nick obviously did not expect him to throw a curve on 3-2 with 1st and 3rd and one out and got frozen. He knew it was a strike. Big pitch. No excuses for Roberts.

I don't think I rated them at all, but there's a difference between struggling and looking like a bunch of bush leaguers.

It's just amazing to me how horribly wrong things go for this team at the same time.

It's like a perfect storm of **** for this team all too often.

Archived