Nolan Reimold

Frobby

I agree. You are most certainly unbelievable. To recap...I mentioned last night's play, you quoted me and responded:

I said I didn't base it on one play, but more on what I also saw of him at the minor league level. I said as much here:

So you tell me to calm down? Because I shared my opinion and elaborated on where I was coming from? Was it the extra question marks? The smiley?

Again...I explained where I was coming from. You quoted my remarks about that specific play, mind you, and said THAT wasn't enough to base it on. Your action, your words.

And I'm still not sure why, but that got your drawers twisted:

There's no room for misinterpretation. You quoted me directly on a remark about last night's game. If you meant that Reimold's entire body of work isn't enough basis, then you should have said that.

It's also worth pointing out that, if you had a similar miscommunication with another poster here just yesterday...maybe the breakdown is on your end?

I'm still puzzled, mildly amused, and a little weirded out that, based on this exchange, you're taking your crayons and going home.

I never disrespected you (except for the warranted whining/tantrum comment) or your opinion or even suggested that you couldn't/shouldn't share said opinion. I was trying to discuss and explain. Not sure what you were up to really.

Yikes dude. It appears someone may have some things going on that is making him act pretty irrational. I just got to this post and I was like.."What the...??????"

Weird for a long time guy to flip over something so small.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I disagree with this part a little bit, in a non-Reimold-specific case.

I've obviously never been called up to the big leagues, but I can imagine that a player that gets called up wants to make a good impression. So when they are out in the field or on the bases, they are probably over-thinking things when they should just be reacting to situations. I think many "rookie mistakes" probably arise from a player thinking too much and trying to make an impact rather than just sticking with the hard-wired responses that are just second nature to them. Once they get comfortable in the majors, they go back to their baseline of just instinctively reacting to things.

I have no problem with nerves and certainly understand player's have them. If you are chalking "rookie mistakes" to nerves, I can buy that line of thinking, but it's still the same game regardless of the situation.

Here's what I don't understand: If Reimold is prone to brain farts about basic baseball things, why not DH him and let somebody else play LF who isn't prone to brain farts?

I guess you could put Scott back out in LF and let Reimold DH, but is Scott's defense any better? You could give Pie another shot out there, but if you do that and you have Reimold at DH where does Scott go, 1st Base, then you gotta do something with Huff. You could really get a good game of musical chairs going!

Here's what I don't understand: If Reimold is prone to brain farts about basic baseball things, why not DH him and let somebody else play LF who isn't prone to brain farts?

In my opinion it's because they are not so often that it makes him a liability in the field and right now the Orioles do not have a better combination bat/glave to put there right now.

I think this is kind of being blown out of proportion (not your post per se but the entire argument about his defensive lapses). No one said Reimold is a moron in the outfield nor have we said he can't be effective, it's just that he's shown over his minor league career that these lapses do occur from time to time.

Reimold is a hard worker who I'm sure will work on these things and hopefully will improve with more experience.

I mostly agree with the assessment of Reimold, although he has made some "rookie" throws from the outfield (see Ichiro's lead-off Double to start the game last night)... but that comes with the territory. I'm uber excited to see this kid mature offensively and defensively.

As a vaguely interested observer. You two are ships in the night. I am only basing my thoughts to comment in this thread. I don't know of any other comments.

This is a benign opening comment:

Yet your comment at 11:07 and and Tony's follow up comment at 10:51 seems to take it as a personal attack to your abilities to judge a player and do seem to reading more into his comment than is really there.

Both Ruzious comment at 10:59 and your own at 11:12 should of ended it.

This is getting ridiculous and honestly, I'm tired of this exchange. In that comment Ruz said he didn't, "think there's enough basis to jump to that conclusion..." What both Scott and I said was that there were 421 games of minor league experience plus his big league time to say these lapses are not just "rookie mistakes" and that he has a track record of these kind of things.

Neither Scott nor I were upset at anyone and only Ruz took it to nuclear level over something so trivial.

Yet your comment at 11:07 and and Tony's follow up comment at 10:51 seems to take it as a personal attack to your abilities to judge a player and do seem to reading more into his comment than is really there.

Both Ruzious comment at 10:59 and your own at 11:12 should of ended it.

It's not even that complicated. He implied I was forming an opinion with "not much basis". All I did was explained that wasn't the case and what I was ACTUALLY basing it on. Somehow he spun that around to mean his opinion was unwelcome when that clearly wasn't the case.

No one said Reimold is a moron in the outfield nor have we said he can't be effective, it's just that he's shown over his minor league career that these lapses do occur from time to time.

Reimold is a hard worker who I'm sure will work on these things and hopefully will improve with more experience.

In that comment Ruz said he didn't, "think there's enough basis to jump to that conclusion..." What both Scott and I said was that there were 421 games of minor league experience plus his big league time to say these lapses are not just "rookie mistakes" and that he has a track record of these kind of things.

Neither Scott nor I were upset at anyone and only Ruz took it to nuclear level over something so trivial.

Thank you. That's all I was trying to say. The bolded parts in particular.

Not trying to jump in or defend any side here, but I think Scottie's "what are you talking about" and :rolleyes: is what Ruzious took offense to, if you haven't figured that out.

I don't even think he was directly talking about you guys scouting Reimold, just in general he was saying that it's too early to say it's going to happen his whole career.

Are you serious? Smileys and question marks? And he's done forever? You don't think that's a little...extreme?

Not trying to jump in or defend any side here, but I think Scottie's "what are you talking about" and :rolleyes: is what Ruzious took offense to, if you haven't figured that out.

I don't even think he was directly talking about you guys scouting Reimold, just in general he was saying that it's too early to say it's going to happen his whole career.

If that's true, that's pretty darn sensitive. Either way, he flipped out for no good reason. All we were explaining was that there was much more than his major league time to go off of. By the way, neither of us have said it will certainly happen his whole career. Just that he has a track record and it's reasonable that his track record should be used to determine future performance in our opinion.

It's not even that complicated. He implied I was forming an opinion with "not much basis". All I did was explained that wasn't the case and what I was ACTUALLY basing it on. Somehow he spun that around to mean his opinion was unwelcome when that clearly wasn't the case.

I don't think it was the content of your response that upset him, but it was how you worded your response. When I first read your reply, I thought you were lashing out at the guy. The multiple question marks with "What are you talking about????" and the "rolling eyes smiley" really made me feel this way. Your post just seemed too aggressive, even if wasn't really meant that way. Maybe a response of "I'm not judging him based off of tonight's performance, but my experience watching him in the minors" would have been better.

Edit: Ravenbird said it before me.

Maybe these things could be best discussed a bit more cooly in PMs.

:)

Only Ruz made this heated. I thought Scott was fine despite being a little frustrated early on. Scott was trying to diffuse the situation almost the entire time.

ANYWAYS........ back to the darn subject. ;)

Well I doubt he's done forever, but it seemed like, from my point of view, that you thought he was slighting you or Tony, and took it a bit personally, and I don't think that was his intent.

Again, I have no desire to get in the middle of this, just pointing out why he probably reacted this way if you or Tony were unsure.

Yet you are by your own accord.

Archived