Nolan Reimold

Frobby

http://masnsports.com/2009/05/post-15.html

The fans have yet to see that Reimold is a plus defender as well with a big arm. He doesn't throw quite as well as Markakis, but he is accurate. He will prove soon that those who questioned his defense in recent years had little basis for it.

David Stockstill told me how amazingly hard Reimold worked in the Arizona Fall League and during the winter and spring to learn left field. He was a right fielder for most of his minor league career.

To me it's clear that Reimold is the best option in left field moving forward. If that cuts into playing time for others so be it.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could not agree more with Melewski's conclusion.

I've been very impressed with Reimold's approach at the plate and his play in LF. He's the real deal. Along with Jones and Kakes, the O's have the potential to have one of the best young OF in MLB.

One thing I will say about Reimold -- he really looks dangreous at the plate, with that tall athletic build and athletic-looking stance. When he hit that 420-foot bomb off Rivera it didn't seem surprising at all. You definitely have to know that if he is able to make consistent contact, he is going to get his share of homers.

I'm kind of warming to the idea of Pie as 4th outfielder. He doesn't hit well enough to play every day, but you want to get him out there often enough that he can keep working on it and not get too rusty.

One thing I will say about Reimold -- he really looks dangreous at the plate, with that tall athletic build and athletic-looking stance. When he hit that 420-foot bomb off Rivera it didn't seem surprising at all. You definitely have to know that if he is able to make consistent contact, he is going to get his share of homers.

I'm kind of warming to the idea of Pie as 4th outfielder. He doesn't hit well enough to play every day, but you want to get him out there often enough that he can keep working on it and not get too rusty.

I'm feeling this way, too. Pie's best assets are his glove and speed which seem to be a better fit than Montanez at this point.

:clap3:

Come to the dark side, Frob.

I definitely want to see Reimold on a nightly basis.

Being one of the top 3-5 Pie supporters to this point, I'm now onboard with Reimold taking over in LF permanently. Now the debate is Pie or Montanez as the 4th OF. Pie can play all 3 OF positions, can come in late in a game and provide a step up (how big is questionable) in defense. I'm not ready to give up on Pie just yet making the Olson trade a waste of time. I'd keep him around and see if anything positive can develop.

It's been hard to be patient but this team is def heading in a better direction than when we had Connine(sp) Millar, Bynum, Matos and bums like that.

We have some legit young stars and maybe SUPER stars in Kakis and Jones, plus a supposed can't miss cathcer in Weiters. Hopefully as the saying goes good things come to those who wait.

I would love to get a good answer on why he didn't spend last season in left field.

Montanez should be begging the club to send him down and give him a chance to learn first base. Utility player is where he's going to end up and if he could play some infield it would really help him.

Archived