Johan Santana!

Tomkingsize

Did anyone see what Santana did to the Rangers?

Sammy Sosa (of all people) had a good day going 2-3.

However, Santana recorded 17 Ks, walked ZERO batters, and gave up only those hits by Sosa en route to a 1-0 victory over the Rangers.

When he's on, Santana really is the best pitcher in baseball.

:eek:

However, Santana recorded 17 Ks, walked ZERO batters, and gave up only those hits by Sosa en route to a 1-0 victory over the Rangers.

How long until someone discusses what kind of package it would take to land Santana? ;)

Anyone notice how all these great pitched games are coming against Texas? Buehrle's no hitter came against Texas, Bedard's great game came against Texas. I wanna say there was another game, close to a no hitter, against Texas but I may be wrong.

This will be all over the TV and Santana will basically lock up the Cy Young. Sucks when Bedard has great games he gets nothing

:rolleyes: Bedard has gotten plenty of attention.

And no, he has certainly not locked up the CY, Beckett and Haren are probably the two favorites right now, with Santana, Bedard, and Escobar being in the next group. Talk about lack of attention, have much have you heard about Escobar this year? He's on a division leading team in a large market and has a lower ERA than Bedard, yet he hasn't gotten much publicity.

BTW, incredible game by Johan, can't believe Sammy of all people had a good game off him.

Santana has the highest WARP3 of AL starters i think.

And he's 4th in VORP behind Haren, Bedard, and Escobar, with Beckett being 5th. He's 3rd in PRC behind Bedard and Haren, with Escobar and Beckett being 4th and 5th.

But it's not like most CY voters look at those stats anyway.:002_smad:

And he's 4th in VORP behind Haren, Bedard, and Escobar, with Beckett being 5th. He's 3rd in PRC behind Bedard and Haren, with Escobar and Beckett being 4th and 5th.

But it's not like most CY voters look at those stats anyway.:002_smad:

As good as Bedard is and has been the last 2 years, Santana is still #1 in my mind.

Bedard is right there with him though.

Sounds like a clone of what Bedard did to them 7/7. In what way was Santana better than that?

(Poor Rangers. It's always them, this year anyway.)

:rolleyes: Bedard has gotten plenty of attention.

Recently he has, but if you compare their two stellar starts this season, not so much. Santana's game was the lead story on BBTN tonight, whereas Bedard's start, as I remember it, was a very small footnote about 45 minutes in.

Recently he has, but if you compare their two stellar starts this season, not so much. Santana's game was the lead story on BBTN tonight, whereas Bedard's start, as I remember it, was a very small footnote about 45 minutes in.

I recall him getting a good deal of attention, plus you have to consider what else is going on in sports at the time. Right now, there isn't much going on. Bedard has been getting a lot more attention of late as he's shown he's not a fluke.

Plus, lets be real here, Johan Santana is going to get a lot more attention than Bedard, and that's the way it should be. When EB becomes has a multi year run like Santana has, and makes the playoffs, he'll get as much attention as Johan. Bedard's relationship with the media doesn't help much either.

Archived