Some stuff I've heard

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really really hope, that if somehow someone picks Wheeler before us that we do not resort to Leake or Minor. I understand when you have two pretty equal talents like Matzek and Wheeler, you go for the less expensive easier sign, but dont skip up on 1st tier talent to 3rd tier talent due to signability...... I honestly dont feel a need to watch the draft for this 1st pick tonite, I dont think it could be much more obvious than it is right now.......But of course I still will watch....duhhh :)

:rofl:

Even the mere mention of it gets him all worked up.

It would take me a looooooong time to get over that. You thought Millar, Smoak and Tex were bad...

So let's hope it doesn't happen and the Orioles take him. :)

Or at worst somebody else beats us to him... :(

I'm not sure why the Orioles would want a slot player that is quick to sign, especially a HS guy?

A HS player isn't likely to help us for 3-4 years down the road at the earliest, so what is the harm if they don't pitch this season? Wheeler may be a good pitcher, but is he better than Matzek? The scouting reports would say no.

College players are likely to reach the majors quickly so it would make more sense to draft a college player that would be easy to sign if we wanted a college player at that #5 spot.

However the college pitchers available aren't worth the #5 pick.

I'll be extremely disappointed if the Orioles are going this route as it would seem we are back to the days of Tony DeMacio...

The real only logic I can come up with on this is that they may want to get them started this year in SS ball, then since they have gotten some time in there, bring em up to Delmarva to finish the season so they can get a head start in development....If he is doing well, I wouldnt mind to see the O's being aggressive with his promotions.....

After reading his wiki, that's a sad story. Then again, there's so many people who would give so much to be able to play basbeall for a living, and he turned down 4 million so it's his fault ultimately.

What would be REALLY sad is if it happened again to somebody else.

Here's hoping Crow is able to pull his head out of his posterior.

Archived