6/24 Orioles at Marlins, Game 2

Skywalker76

Its still a bad move. These guys can go two bases on a single and you have your 3-4-5 guys coming up. Why risk an out on the basepaths that's going to kill your rally?

Kakes struck out anyway. I don't think that necessarily killed our rally. It got B rob to third with one out, we should have brought him in.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kakes struck out anyway. I don't think that necessarily killed our rally. It got B rob to third with one out' date=' we should have brought him in.[/quote']

You don't play for one run in the first inning. But, yeah, we shouldve got him home.

what are you in a 50 team league?

HA! Nope, kept him all year even though he has been struggling, it is a dynasty league and I don't believe he is bad as he has been pitching. He is young and I believe he will improve. I have Billingsley, Hamels, Beckett, Kershaw, Bumgarner, Nolasco and Cahill right now.

BERKEN!!! *shakes fist* :cussing:

You remember that South Park episode where Randy Marsh doesn't want Stan to join a boyband but Stan and his mom keep insisting and finally Randy screams

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO and smashes a glass table?

That's what I look like when lead-off walks happen.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• In the eye-catching stats department, how about Palacios's line so far: 24 strikeouts / 3 hits allowed (in 14.2 innings). Eight walks also, but still a 0.75 WHIP.
    • But wait, there’s more. NIL is coming to high schools too. It is insane!
    • PS I think I probably was one of the ones who voted for a drop into the high 90s, but I definitely predicted, and expect a division title. I don’t care if we do it with only 90 wins. I wanna win the division.
    • I can’t tell another person what their standard should be for being disappointed.  It’s subjective.  I’ll just say I think that’s really unreasonable.  I also think your opinion that the O’s have lost a lot of games by bad bullpen management is wrong.  But go ahead, drive yourself nuts thinking the bullpen would never lose a game if only they were managed properly.   
    • Yes, I am aware that this is basically just a repeat of the other days chat. it’s quite possible. This post was inspired by that chat. But the point remains valid. I can only say what I’ve already said it’s still how I feel. If the bullpen management doesn’t improve, I don’t think it will be a three game gap, but if we lose the division 108-105, I will be very disappointed. And it seems that a lot of people feel the same way.  
    • Logan Webb is pretty much where my list starts and ends. 4+ wins 3 years in a row, including 5 wins last year, on pace for a career year this year, and under contract at a reasonable price for 4 more years.  That would be a near perfect comp for the Chris Sale white sox trade.   I'm only entertaining deals for a pitcher, because we still have a position player backlog, and if we end up trading all our position player depth, we can much more reliably go after someone in FA.  Soto would hit the warehouse if he signed here, and we can actually dream about that with Rubenstein as the owner.
    • This is just a repeat of the discussion the other day.  We don’t control what the Yankees do, except when we play them.  The O’s are on pace to win 106 games.  There’s no way I’d be disappointed in them if they did that, no matter what the Yankees did.  Only 6% of our posters thought the O’s would exceed 101 wins this year; 85% expected a drop to 97 wins or lower.     
  • Popular Contributors