Which remaining unsigned draftees do you feel NEED to be signed

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83063

I am hoping to get perspectives from some people who perhaps know more about these draftees than I do.

From what I've seen of Berry and Harris, I would be pretty upset if they weren't signed by the deadline.

Agree/disagree? Who else is a must sign for this draft to be successful in your opinion?

I'd love to sign everybody in the top ten, of course. However, if we don't sign Berry, I don't think it'll be a huge loss. I don't know if his bonus demands are worth the risk of injury. Surely, he's got the stuff, but his shoulder should be a large concern.

Outside of Givens, Henry, Tolliver, Wirsch, Berry, Harris, and Cowan, there's quite a few guys that I'd like to pursue. I like the projection of Michael Ohlmann (C, 11th), Garrett Bush (RHP HS, 15th), Jarrett Martin (LHP, 18th), Kyle Hoppy (CF, 29th), and Tyler Naquin (OF, 33rd). I'm also very intrigued by LHP's Cameron Coffey and Matthew Nadolski. Coffey is injury, but has a decent FB/CH combo from the left side, and Nadolski is one of those "character" guys that I hope has success in the future.

Berry actually won't upset me if he doesn't sign. There's some real injury concerns there, and I think he wants healthy money, not the money he should get being hurt. It's not a good match. From his point of view, if he goes back to school, gets healthy and shows that he is without getting pounded next year he'll do better, and I mean like 100's of thousands better. On the other hand, if he takes the contract, he's got insurance if he can't rehab through this and ends up needing surgery, he'll be able to come back, have a job, and not have to worry about his draft status.

Givens is the one that is make or break for the draft for me.

One additional question for those who have more information on our unsigned draft picks: for every pick in the first five rounds you do not sign you get an additional pick next year, correct?

No, only through the first two rounds, in the 3rd you get a supplemental pick after the round, and nothing after that.

For a draft where we were "leaning cheap", it's ironic that so many of our top 10 are not signed. I'd be disappointed if more than 1 of our top 10 went unsigned. I'd like to see a couple of the HSers outside the top 10 signed.

If the draft isn't about money, then show it. You've got to pony up for your early picks if your the Orioles, as thats just another step behind the bigger powers in the division.

What does this mean? Didn't the NYY fail to sign their first rounder last year and other early round picks?

Givens and Henry are the big ones. I'd also really really really like to see Harris signed, and if Berry will be more reasonable with his bonus demands, then him as well. Basically, I want all of the top ten signed, but Givens and Henry the most.

Givens and Henry are the big ones. I'd also really really really like to see Harris signed, and if Berry will be more reasonable with his bonus demands, then him as well. Basically, I want all of the top ten signed, but Givens and Henry the most.

Id rather have all these HS arms in the top 10 signed rather than Givens. I would like to have Givens no doubt, but wouldnt be upset if we didnt. We teh nwould just get another pick next year.....

Wirsch is the only unsigned HS arm in the top 10, the rest of the pitchers are college or JuCo guys.

I think Givens is a very important sign, and having him walk away would be a big blow to the draft. I think he'll get done eventually, but I think I'd rank him as being more important than the other draftees.

Wirsch is the only unsigned HS arm in the top 10, the rest of the pitchers are college or JuCo guys.

I think Givens is a very important sign, and having him walk away would be a big blow to the draft. I think he'll get done eventually, but I think I'd rank him as being more important than the other draftees.

I guess Im not saying it correctly. I really meant HS and JuCo arms including Tolliver and Henry...

Archived