July 20th: Orioles vs. Yankees

Conway12

Really, we had no right to be in this game the way we just give innings away. Poor fundamental teams do not win close games. When your number three hitter can't even hit a fly ball with 2nd and 3rd and one out we deserve to lose.

Yes indeed. David Hernandez went into New York for the first time and delivered a solid outing. Disappointed in our vets.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not sure why we've been pitching inside all night... with RF being so inviting.. and it cost us twice... and the game.

As soon as i saw Wieters move inside I said oh no. How stupid can you be. Make him hit a pitch on the outside corner, that is sooooooo stupid. It's not like the target was outside and he missed his spot. This team knows how to lose very well.

In the top of the 9th I would have preferred Mora give Jones a shot to steal 3b... then a fly ball should win the game. But.. I suppose the odds-makers will tell me that the #5 hitter is a much better option to get the runner in.

After watching, ROberts must have had a terrible jump on that wild pitch.

9 times out of 10 he makes it home safe.

I really wish we could see a highlight of him running.

You know, I thought the same thing. I thought B-Rob was gonna make it relatively easy. If anything, the tag is applied after he touches the plate.

I think he hesitated.

After watching, ROberts must have had a terrible jump on that wild pitch.

9 times out of 10 he makes it home safe.

I really wish we could see a highlight of him running.

He initially wasn't coming home... Jones then proceeded to wave him in.. the rest is history

The first one... Izturis was running and B-Rob hit one the opposite way that hit the wall. Izturis didn't know where the ball was... slid into 2nd... then got up and started to run back to first before he saw B-Rob and realized it was in play... he turned and scampered to third. He should've scored from 1st, but didn't because he didn't know where the ball was and didn't watch Samuel.

The second was Izturis running on a bouncer to first. T-Bag gunned home and got him.

The third play was a wild pitch with B-Rob at third. B-Rob ran, and tried a head first slide and was out. Many think he should've slid feet first and hit the pitcher hard since he was at a weird angle.

I appreciate the info, as painful as it is.

Archived