The benefits of a manager change...

NewMarketSean

Well, sign me up if it means that kind of mind-blowing success!

Getting rid of Trembley won't equate to hardly anything - we have been losing for over a decade with several managers at the helm. It is not about the manager - it is about the organization as a whole. We are heading in the right direction - and with that; we need some leadership stability to demonstrate that we, as an organization, believe in the people we have.

Enough with cutting the manager already.

If the main objective for the remainder of 2009 is avoiding another epic collapse (and it should be, AM has said this himself), then changing managers might be the lightning rod to do that.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But that is because it is very unlikely that a team could be that HISTORICALLY bad.

I mean math, statistics, science. These are real things.

Again, I am trying to avoid another collapse and so is AM.

I believe DT will be gone in the offseason anyway, so why not make a move now just to shake things up and try to avoid another 4-32?

Again, I am trying to avoid another collapse and so is AM.

I believe DT will be gone in the offseason anyway, so why not make a move now just to shake things up and try to avoid another 4-32?

I agree, if Trembley isn't the guy then he should be replaced now. There are no benefits to keeping him the rest of the season, while a different message could actually get through to the players.

Keeping Trembley will not avoid a collapse, replacing him just might IMO...

Trembley wants Zaun to catch Tillman tonight, even though Wieters went 4-5 last night and is on a 5 game hitting streak and not to mention Wieters has worked with Tillman before. Just another reason Trembley has to go.

Yeah that's a little ridiculous. Wieters can catch three games in a row...

Trembley wants Zaun to catch Tillman tonight, even though Wieters went 4-5 last night and is on a 5 game hitting streak and not to mention Wieters has worked with Tillman before. Just another reason Trembley has to go.

Wait, where do you see this? I'm not saying you're wrong, I just would like to see it myself...

Yeah, but we should be used to Trembley pulling players after multi-hit nights and sitting them on the bench. Perhaps he's afraid they'll be tired after all those swings the night before?

In another dimension, where Trembley is fired and the Orioles go on a 6 of 8 winning run, people here would be asking for the new manager to be extended until death.

If Riggleman is the Nats' manager on opening day 2010 we'll know for sure that they have a very long, hard road ahead of them.

My Lord, if they go so far as to fire Dave Trembley is it too much to ask for them to spend a couple months finding the best possible manager, instead of hiring the first guy on the left and going all googly-eyed when the O's win six of their next 10?

If the main objective for the remainder of 2009 is avoiding another epic collapse (and it should be, AM has said this himself), then changing managers might be the lightning rod to do that.
If the players are not unhappy with the current manager, changing managers could have the opposite effect. Nothing is going to make this team into a play offcontender this season. I doubt the drill sargent would be anything but counter effective.

Archived