Huff Dealt to Tigers

TiredofLosing20

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not trying to be a dbag here SG, i'm honestly curious.

Let's say we do this deal and we save 2 or 3 Million or w/e. What will that do for us moving forward that we couldn't do simply by letting Huff walk in October?

While nothing might happen with that money directly, it gives us the flexibility of that roster spot.

Not trying to be a dbag here SG, i'm honestly curious.

Let's say we do this deal and we save 2 or 3 Million or w/e. What will that do for us moving forward that we couldn't do simply by letting Huff walk in October?

Well, maybe that money saved helps us get Sano..Or maybe it helped us get Coffey and Ohlman because they knew a deal was close...or maybe PA puts it in his pocket...After all, he deserves to make money.

Whatever the reason is, getting rid of Huff is only a positive.

if he goes on to have an amazing last 6 weeks and is able to get picks for the Tigers, more power to Detroit.

Well, maybe that money saved helps us get Sano..Or maybe it helped us get Coffey and Ohlman because they knew a deal was close...or maybe PA puts it in his pocket...After all, he deserves to make money.

if he goes on to have an amazing last 6 weeks and is able to get picks for the Tigers, more power to Detroit.

Or Givens.

We'll either get salary relief, which is valuable for all of the reasons you mentioned above and more, or we'll get some type of prospect, which could either be useful organizational depth or maybe even a bullpen arm.

Whatever, it's something for a guy who really isn't adding anything. I'll be a wee-bit sad though. I started to like Huff the person over the last year.

Archived