Huff Dealt to Tigers

TiredofLosing20

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
.287/.324/.421/.745

Not lighting the world on fire, but it's a small sample size. .287 gets you demoted? I'd much rather see Aubrey or Hughes than Snyder. I have no interest in pushing him ahead of schedule.

I see Aubrey's numbers are a little higher now. The BA is alright but the OPS is horrible for a 1B. That translates to about a .650 in the majors.

I would like to see Hughes up.

Though for today, we probably see a reliever.

Jacobson extract from BA handbook.

Jacobson has a tremendous arm and great pitcher's body but fell to the 4th round of the 2008 draft because of his uneven performance in college. Signed for $230,000, his best pitch is his fastball, sitting at 88-91 when he starts but 92-95 in relief. He has the power stuff to profile as a setup man and could move quickly.

I wonder if we picked up any salary?

He has given up some homers this year...His K rate has been solid..Walk rate decent.

Was good enough to be drafted in the 4th round just last year...Vandy is a good baseball school.

I am not sure what kind of stuff he has but this sounds like a good deal for Huff, especially if we aren't picking up any salary.

I see Aubrey's numbers are a little higher now. The BA is alright but the OPS is horrible for a 1B. That translates to about a .650 in the majors.

I would like to see Hughes up.

Though for today, we probably see a reliever.

I think we need another arm right now, I'm guessing you're right. But Wigginton is all we have at 1B for the time being. I wonder if someone like Reimold takes grounders at first during BP as insurance.

Archived