8/19 O's at Rays

PaulFolk

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How you can lump Brian Roberts and his league leading 46 doubles in with Melvin Friggin' Mora is faaaaaaaaaaaaar beyond me.

Are you actually watching the same Brian Roberts?

Yeah I watched him. As I stated, typical worthless performance in that he pads his stats but does nothing to help win the game. Hits a two out double that ends up meaningless and hits a DP ball that killed a rally. A good player hits the double when the bases are loaded, instead he chokes! He is just about worthless in my view as far as actually winning games because he does this all the time.

Right now, Tillman's fastball is hittable although his hook looks very good. He just needs to improve his fastball command in and out of the zone to get over that last hurdle. Once he does, he can use it to set up his secondary pitches and you're going to see his K numbers go through the roof. He's not quite there, but he's showing he's got enough and he's smart enough to pitch well without his best fastball command.

He's going to be good.

Right now, Tillman's fastball is hittable although his hook looks very good. He just needs to improve his fastball command in and out of the zone to get over that last hurdle. Once he does, he can use it to set up his secondary pitches and you're going to see his K numbers go through the roof. He's not quite there, but he's showing he's got enough and he's smart enough to pitch well without his best fastball command.

He's going to be good.

Agreed. I'm not worried about CT. I'm sure he'll be frustrating to watch at times, but we're going to enjoy this ride.

BTW where did Tampa get this Zobrist guy? He's got 20 homers and just crushed one? How do they continually get these power guys? If the Orioles would get a guy like that some of you would have him a lock for in the HOF, yet on Tampa he's just the norm.:eek: I never even heard of this guy and he 's got 20 dingers! Why can't this team draft or get guys like this routinely?:confused:

Archived