8/19 O's at Rays

PaulFolk

Please don't get me wromg, I love Wieters, but his pitch calling needs improvement. As mentioned before in regards to Hernandez, throwing to many fastballs and now Tillman giving up a HR on a predicable fastball. Who's at fault?

Wieters afterall is a rookie and has a ton to learn about catching at the major league level. I heard Buck state it takes at least four years and that is if you are very astute at learning the art of catching to become an accomplished game calling major league catcher.

BTW, Zaun is calling a masterful game as he has our hitters chasing all kinds of pitches out of the strike zone, or is it just that our hitters are undisciplined and in reality pretty bad?:confused::scratchchinhmm:

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Typical Brian Roberts worthless performance tonight so far. Hits a meaningless double with two outs that counted for nothing other than padding his stats and then when he needs to get a hit with RISP he hits into a DP! He is by far, the most vastly over-rated player on this team. His stats belie how little value he actually adds to this team when it comes to producing wins versus losses.:eek::(

Do you get paid to be a pointless provocateur?

Right now, Tillman's fastball is hittable although his hook looks very good. He just needs to improve his fastball command in and out of the zone to get over that last hurdle. Once he does, he can use it to set up his secondary pitches and you're going to see his K numbers go through the roof. He's not quite there, but he's showing he's got enough and he's smart enough to pitch well without his best fastball command.

He's going to be good.

You can say that about every O's pitcher in the system except Bergy.:angryfire:

Yeah I watched him. As I stated, typical worthless performance in that he pads his stats but does nothing to help win the game. Hits a two out double that ends up meaningless and hits a DP ball that killed a rally. A good player hits the double when the bases are loaded, instead he chokes! He is just about worthless in my view as far as actually winning games because he does this all the time.

This is one of the most ignorant posts I've ever read on here. I'm pretty sure anything that's been worse was posted by you also.

Please, don't post in the game thread, it's the one place I can go without having to read your worthless crap like this.

Brian roberts is clearly one of baseball's elite 2B, leave the man alone.

BR still bothering you OldFan?

Yes, even more so because had he hit either the double or homer when the bases were loaded this would likely be a tie game! Instead, he picks that time in the game to hit a MFing DP ball! Again, he just annoys the living crap out of me. He could be really good if he just got his hits at the right time in the game. He rarely does so. At least not nearly enough.

Archived