8/23 - Orioles rubber match @ White Sox

nevadaO

Okay folks, new board rule... we always need to complain from now on about Weiters and how lost he looks after his first at bat of the game. Since we did that today, he's been 2 for 2! :clap3::clap3::clap3:

He sucks bad. Can't hit the ball out of the infield. My 10 year old hits better.

Is that okay?

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bubble gum, one handed catches. Missing the cut off guy forgetting how many outs there are. Trying to hit HR #20 to the point of screwing up his AB's for the last 3 weeks. Showing up other players. refusing to play deep.

Yeah, I'd say he's more of a showboat.

Look, I'm for Pie in CF, but he has shown twice as many mental gaffes in the field than Jones this year. He always misses cutoff men and takes bad routes a lot, too.

And if you're talking about him "showing up" Pie the other night, he's not showing anyone up. He's doing his job and Pie wasn't doing his. And bubble gum? Seriously? That bothers you?

I think Jones is better suited for LF b/c he doesn't have the same range that Pie does. I could care less who's a showboat and who isn't. Who's better suited to do the job? That's all that matters.

Okay folks, new board rule... we always need to complain from now on about Weiters and how lost he looks after his first at bat of the game. Since we did that today, he's been 2 for 2! :clap3::clap3::clap3:

I'm definitely pleased he has two hits, but he isn't hitting any extra base hits which is my main complaint. If he were hitting .262 with 10 HR i'd be a lot happier.

Bubble gum, one handed catches. Missing the cut off guy forgetting how many outs there are. Trying to hit HR #20 to the point of screwing up his AB's for the last 3 weeks. Showing up other players. refusing to play deep.

Yeah, I'd say he's more of a showboat.

Bubble gum? Really? Did anyone watch Sportscenter this morning when some guy slid into home for the walk-off, game-winning run while blowing a bubble? I just don't see the fascination with criticizing a guy for blowing bubbles while playing baseball.

The only thing I really have gotten ticked off about Jones is the #20 HR issue. The other things, like one-handed catches, happen to all MLB players.

I'm definitely pleased he has two hits, but he isn't hitting any extra base hits which is my main complaint. If he were hitting .262 with 10 HR i'd be a lot happier.

He hasn't had nearly enough at-bats for you to expect him to have 10 home runs. Since the all-star break, he's been slugging .442, and that doesn't include today's home run.

Look, I'm for Pie in CF, but he has shown twice as many mental gaffes in the field than Jones this year. He always misses cutoff men and takes bad routes a lot, too.

And if you're talking about him "showing up" Pie the other night, he's not showing anyone up. He's doing his job and Pie wasn't doing his. And bubble gum? Seriously? That bothers you?

I think Jones is better suited for LF b/c he doesn't have the same range that Pie does. I could care less who's a showboat and who isn't. Who's better suited to do the job? That's all that matters.

Hyperbole. And not just Pie, he does it with Nick as well. Anybody good enough to get close to catching a ball that he thinks is his. I can't believe no one has iold him to play deeper. Why doesn't he? I cant't tbelieve no one has told him to stop trying to hit #20 and go back to the approach that got him this far. Why hasn't he? Pie has worked hard to make himself a better player since May Jones has declined as a player, since June.

What happened the other night? I must have missed it...

Hyperbole. And not just Pie, he does it with Nick as well. Anybody good enough to get close to catching a ball that he thinks is his. I can't believe no one has iold him to play deeper. Why doesn't he? I cant't tbelieve no one has told him to stop trying to hit #20 and go back to the approach that got him this far. Why hasn't he? Pie has worked hard to make himself a better player since May Jones has declined as a player, since June.

He's the centerfielder. If he can get to it, it's his ball, period.

Not sure about the playing deeper stuff, but I do agree he should do just that.

Do you honestly think for a second that Adam Jones has sadly idly around, not working to get better since June? If you do, well, we will disagree about that.

He hasn't had nearly enough at-bats for you to expect him to have 10 home runs. Since the all-star break, he's been slugging .442, and that doesn't include today's home run.
He's talking about Wieters.

My apologies to murrayfan. I'm an idiot.

Archived