Could the Orioles draft Bryce Harper?

I honestly do not know. I dont even think I would draft him considering the money he wants. Im not as much a believer in him until I see him actually perform at a competitive level. Ill have a better answer for you after his JuCo season. If he were available to us in the 09 draft I may have said yes, but the 2010 draft looks to have some VERY intriguing names available around the 1-4 slots and would be probably more worth the money than Bryce Harper and close to $20 mil or whatever he'll be asking. Renaudo, Pomeranz, Osrich, Brentz all are college kids and have very high ceilings and the pitchers bring some quality and depth we havent seen since 08 or possibly even 07...

I honestly do not know. I dont even think I would draft him considering the money he wants. Im not as much a believer in him until I see him actually perform at a competitive level. Ill have a better answer for you after his JuCo season. If he were available to us in the 09 draft I may have said yes, but the 2010 draft looks to have some VERY intriguing names available around the 1-4 slots and would be probably more worth the money than Bryce Harper and close to $20 mil or whatever he'll be asking. Renaudo, Pomeranz, Osrich, Brentz all are college kids and have very high ceilings and the pitchers bring some quality and depth we havent seen since 08 or possibly even 07...

It will help him playing in a wood bat league.

Pardon my ignorance, but what positions do these guys play?

Osrich is possibly not gonna be a top 5 or even top 10 guy, he has a ton of questions and has a further way to go than either Pomeranz or Renaudo, but he also may have better pure stuff. Both Pomeranz and Renaudo are similar pitchers and had similar numbers last season. Brentz IMO is kinda like Ackley with more power. Both the safe hbgih ceiling college pitchers and the power OFer are something we havent had at the top of the draft in a little while(atleast not since 08).

Osrich is possibly not gonna be a top 5 or even top 10 guy, he has a ton of questions and has a further way to go than either Pomeranz or Renaudo, but he also may have better pure stuff. Both Pomeranz and Renaudo are similar pitchers and had similar numbers last season. Brentz IMO is kinda like Ackley with more power. Both the safe hbgih ceiling college pitchers and the power OFer are something we havent had at the top of the draft in a little while(atleast not since 08).

You could see a chunk of HS kids in the top 10 too, still a little early to tell, but there was some real potential in the UA and Aflac games.

You could see a chunk of HS kids in the top 10 too, still a little early to tell, but there was some real potential in the UA and Aflac games.

There was a kid there who was I think went to the same HS as Tyler Matzek did. He was a pitcher, didnt seem to throw too well at the game if I remember right, but he had a very good arm. For some reaosn the name Brennan is sticking in my mind, but I could be way off. The RFer who hit the jack on whichever the red team was had some really good pop. He kinda reminded me of Jason Heyward.....

There was a kid there who was I think went to the same HS as Tyler Matzek did. He was a pitcher, didnt seem to throw too well at the game if I remember right, but he had a very good arm. For some reaosn the name Brennan is sticking in my mind, but I could be way off. The RFer who hit the jack on whichever the red team was had some really good pop. He kinda reminded me of Jason Heyward.....

Yeah, that is one of the pitchers I'm keeping an eye on, he had good stuff. I really like Castellanos at 3B, and the SS that was also supposed to have a commitment to Miami alot too.

Archived