2010 Draft Position Race

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sweet, might as well benefit from sucking.

Exactly....Thats the way I feel as well. It also not only gives us a sure shot at Taillon, but we'll also have that much mroe quality to choose from.

Now, the question is, do we remain in the 2nd slot? Assuming we lose again tonite...

Another thing that still actually is in question is whether or not the Nats take Harper. I mean, hes the favorite for #1 overall, but they could see the value in Taillon and go that way. When it comes down to that though, its up in the air. Anything can happen between now and June, and last year at this time, people were talking about Alex White and Grant Green the way I am currently hyping Taillon, and we all know how that went....

Exactly....Thats the way I feel as well. It also not only gives us a sure shot at Taillon, but we'll also have that much mroe quality to choose from.

Now, the question is, do we remain in the 2nd slot? Assuming we lose again tonite...

Another thing that still actually is in question is whether or not the Nats take Harper. I mean, hes the favorite for #1 overall, but they could see the value in Taillon and go that way. When it comes down to that though, its up in the air. Anything can happen between now and June, and last year at this time, people were talking about Alex White and Grant Green the way I am currently hyping Taillon, and we all know how that went....

It is all about getting to the best position, you can make the decision then.

Go Pirates! What a "comeback" by the O's :).

Harper is tremendously overhyped right now after his SI cover. He is by far no lock for anything right now.

That said . . . he is 16 and already shows big league power. I think it will require a complete collapse by him or jump from someone else. Going into the fall, Harper stands out among the rest. He certainly is not the next coming, but he does stand out. I don't think he is as much of a lock as Strasburg was, but Harper is a pretty good lock. The bat is special.

That said . . . he is 16 and already shows big league power. I think it will require a complete collapse by him or jump from someone else. Going into the fall, Harper stands out among the rest. He certainly is not the next coming, but he does stand out. I don't think he is as much of a lock as Strasburg was, but Harper is a pretty good lock. The bat is special.

Oh yeah, I'm not saying he's going to be a flop or anything, but he's not leaps and bounds ahead of everyone like Strasburg was, I don't think there is as big of a gap in talent this year. I could make a pretty good case for a couple guys over him now. Now after he has a showing in Juco, that argument might not be so easy anymore, I just have a few questions I want answered before I go anointing him king of the draft. The natural power is legit, but the only thing I've ever seen him hit is a fastball. I want to see him go up against someone with a legit offspeed pitch and see how he does, as well as the wood bat question and how he does behind the plate or elsewhere in the field as he grows the next 2 years.

Crap... We are back behind the Pirates now. And they are currently losing.

2nd Pick was nice while it lasted. Bye Taillon.

3rd Pick, here we come..

I have no idea how Taillon suddenly became the consensus #2 pick. This is the only place where that seems to be the case.

Archived