Could the Angels be after Tejada again?

JakeeO

Whatever trade proposals you make, it can't include players who if traded would just create additional holes. Consequently, Shields is definitely off the table. And Morales seem to be earning the 1B job. Wood and Kotchman would definitely be the starting pieces.

If they deem this to be too big of a hole, send them Hawkins in this deal as well.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not trying to start rumors or mass hysteria, but I just saw this on ESPN insider. (it's under 200 words, so I believe that it is okay to post this.)

"May 26 - The Angels are in a full-scale hunt for a power bat, and finances won't slow a deal if it's the right one, the Orange County Register reports. Owner Arte Moreno has given his pledge to bump up the payroll if another team makes a slugger available, and GM Bill Stoneman will consider moving prospects or major-leaguers, whether they're pitchers or position players.

Stoneman wants a hitter in the category of Paul Konerko, Manny Ramirez or Miguel Tejada, the three players the Angels tracked unsuccessfully last winter. "When I say an impact bat, I'm using the example of last year's free-agent market. There was one impact bat available," Stoneman told the newspaper. "We're looking for a guy who has a real impact, not where you're just changing faces. To get them you've got to give something up."

So far, teams are waiting until the market takes shape in late June or July."

I know they were pretty involved in the Tejada sweepstakes this offseason and it wouldn't shock me at all to hear those talks restart if the O's don't start playing better ball.

I know they were pretty involved in the Tejada sweepstakes this offseason and it wouldn't shock me at all to hear those talks restart if the O's don't start playing better ball.

Barring a big win streak in the next couple of weeks, I hope the O's seriously look at an offer...but they better absolutely rip the Angels (or whoever it is) off. Obviously that's an overstatement but there should be no doubt at all who "won" the trade once it's over.

Barring a big win streak in the next couple of weeks, I hope the O's seriously look at an offer...but they better absolutely rip the Angels (or whoever it is) off. Obviously that's an overstatement but there should be no doubt at all who "won" the trade once it's over.

Well, we are likely to get back prospects so there will be alot of doubt who wins because Tejada is already a great player.

I think SG's trade sounds very good but I would be looking to get adenhart back in the deal some how. Wood and Adenhart would be 2 very solid prospects comming back to the O's.

Adenhart is a great talent BUT i would want someone more major league ready, especially since i would plan on trading one of our young pitchers for a big bat.

I think SG's trade sounds very good but I would be looking to get adenhart back in the deal some how. Wood and Adenhart would be 2 very solid prospects comming back to the O's.

I don't think I would trade Miggy for pitching prospects there is to much risk. Now If they want to do the young Mr Weaver and Kotchman and Aybar for Miggy and Javy Iwould probably do that. Because Weaver is ready which reduces the risk. But I would rather have Wood in the Deal.

Adenhart is a great talent BUT i would want someone more major league ready, especially since i would plan on trading one of our young pitchers for a big bat.

Bedard, Cabrera, Olson would be the younger pitchers to consider to trade for a big bat.

What is Adenhart stats in the minors for this year??

We should try to get Wood, Santana or Jared Weaver, Kotchman and Adenhart or Shields.

Well, we are likely to get back prospects so there will be alot of doubt who wins because Tejada is already a great player.

You're right there...always a crap shoot. Hopefully as has been said, it will be a mix of prospects and ready or near-ready guys. I'm just wary of waking up one morning and hearing that the O's got ripped again. If Miggy goes, one of the guys we gets back MUST be as close to a sure thing as you can get.

Bedard, Cabrera, Olson would be the younger pitchers to consider to trade for a big bat.

What is Adenhart stats in the minors for this year??

We should try to get Wood, Santana or Jared Weaver, Kotchman and Adenhart or Shields.

Those 2, along with Penn and Loewen.

Adenhart is not going to be traded IMO.

He is the future for them and it certainly would not be either him or Shields.

Did you ever know what players the Angels were offering during the winter, and what players the Os were asking for?

I'd love to see the O's deal with the Angels. Tejada would be a huge loss, but he's probably not going to be around when our prospects finally start producing at a major league level anyway.

If they trade Tejada, Brandon Wood absolutely has to be in the deal, no question. One of their young pitchers is a must also.

Sports Guys proposal looks pretty good. I wouldn't be too upset if they took Sheilds off the table, because he's important for them to contend, as long as they replace him with another prospect.

Archived