Orioles Interested In Ryan Shealy

Boca Bird

I'd strongly consider trading Olson for Shealy. Not sure if I'd do it or not. Obviously Javy, cash, and a guy like Finch is prefered. Or JJ Johnson, although I agree with what RZNJ wrote about him and Olson being closer than what most are saying.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This would be my plan, as of right now:

Tejada, Hawkins and Gibbons for Wood, Kotchman, Santana, Shields, OCab and Mathis.

Javy, Finch and cash for Shealy.

Trade Benson to Houston, St Louis, LA, Ari, Det or Tex for a top pitching prospect....Take that pitching prospect, along with 2 of Olson, Liz, Britton and JJ for Crawford.

Deal Rodrigo, hopefully Chen and Conine and possibly Millar for what you can get.

End result:

1st- Kotchman

2nd- BRob

SS- OCab(Wood takes over in 2007...OCab dealt in offseason for whatever)

3rd- Mora

LF- Crawford

CF- CPat

RF- Markakis

DH- Shealy

C- Hernandez

bench: Millar(if not dealt), Mathis, Matos(could deal him as well), Newhan and Gomez....Fahey on the team if either Millar or Matos is dealt.

Rotation:

Santana

Bedard

DC

Loewen

Penn

BP:

Ray

Shields

Rleal

Britton(if not dealt)

anything else you may obtain in trade or players you bring up.

I would love to see that team.

Considering that is similiar to something I came up with a week or so ago, I like it.

However, I don't think we would get quite that much back in the Angels deal. Probably take Shields out of it and it gets done if the Angels still want Miggy. They may not with how they're playing, how OCab is playing, and the steroid rumors with Miggy.

Obviously we're not sure that the Javy and Finch for Shealy is realistic since BB said they asked for Olson and didn't show much interest in Javy.

But overall, this is the type of thing we should be trying to accomplish.

Right. Shealy would probably outhit Javy as the DH. That's getting better now and for the future. LOL

RShack! Where are you on this one?

If the guy can hit as well or better than Javy, that's fine with me. I sorta like being very deep at C, but I fully appreciate Javy's age and the fact that he will soon be gone. So, if this guy will not be a downgrade at DH, I'd be happy.

But you gotta realize that this means playing Jay at 1B. Which is fine with me too, but it makes some other people have a fit.

I read that Pittsburgh asked for Reyes, but the Cards quickly shot that down. Forget Benson for Reyes, Gibbons for Reyes, Flanagan for Reyes, and especially Angelos for Reyes, none will happen. He's been excellent in his three starts with the big club and should continue that the rest of the year. If you had a guy like that, would you trade him?

Shealy would be a real good candidate for the "mediocre prospect" litmus test.

Well, see, this is the part I don't know. Since I don't know the guy and have never watched him, and don't know how to properly interpret his PCL numbers, then I have to rely on others' assessment of who this guy really is likely to be. I don't know enough about him to have a personal opinion about him either way.

For what it's worth we're not trading Tejada....Let's keep focus of the thread involving a trade for Shealy. For the record very doubtful we trade Benson either.

:002_smad:

EJF is getting upset!

Serenity now!

For what it's worth we're not trading Tejada....Let's keep focus of the thread involving a trade for Shealy. For the record very doubtful we trade Benson either.

Interesting on Tejada...perhaps that will change. I'm liking the idea more and more.

Shealy sounds interesting but unless there is a shakeup that the kind of package that a Tejada trade would leave us with the Shealy/Conine/Millar/Gibbons logjam.

DO NOT TRADE BENSON UNLESS BLOWN AWAY.

If the guy can hit as well or better than Javy, that's fine with me. I sorta like being very deep at C, but I fully appreciate Javy's age and the fact that he will soon be gone. So, if this guy will not be a downgrade at DH, I'd be happy.

But you gotta realize that this means playing Jay at 1B. Which is fine with me too, but it makes some other people have a fit.

Somewhere in this thread, somebody quoted somebody else as saying that Shealy did fine playing 1B. I don't know if that's true. If it is true, then doesn't that make him more attractive to more teams?

If am the Rockies I am thinking of what Javy could do playing catcher and hitting in Coors field. How about 30 HRs in half a season.

The big thing that the O's and Rockies have to be talking about is money. How much of Javy's contract are the Birds going to pick up. Javy is still owed over $4M. The Rockies are unlikely to take that on even of a heavy hitting catcher like Javy.

Two out of first place. Add an experinced catcher like Javy for an almost 27 year old minor leaguer. $4M. First place. A guy who will never play for you in Shealy. The thoughts have to be going round and round for the Rockies.

If am the Rockies I am thinking of what Javy could do playing catcher and hitting in Coors field. How about 30 HRs in half a season.

The big thing that the O's and Rockies have to be talking about is money. How much of Javy's contract are the Birds going to pick up. Javy is still owed over $4M. The Rockies are unlikely to take that on even of a heavy hitting catcher like Javy.

Two out of first place. Add an experinced catcher like Javy for an almost 27 year old minor leaguer. $4M. First place. A guy who will never play for you in Shealy. The thoughts have to be going round and round for the Rockies.

We'd probably take a catchers salary back as part of the deal.

We'd probably take a catchers salary back as part of the deal.
So sources have been saying that Olson, and not Javy, is drawing interest from COL. What if they got both, and sent a good prospect back, along with one of their young backup catchers to offset some salary?

Or are they flat-out not interested in Javy?

Archived