Leach fired by Texas Tech

BaltimoreTerp

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree, that announcing team was definitely over the top with how often they brought it up, taking not so subtle shots at Leach at every turn.

They mentioned it way too often, I agree. Craig James was scheduled to do the game as the third guy, but ESPN took him off the game when the story broke.

One of my Craig James memories by the way was his terrible lack of "singing" skills in the Patriots '86 Super Bowl video...This was the Pats answer to "Super Bowl Shuffle". Awful, so awful..Most of Baltimore was really pulling for that Pats team, coached by Raymond Berry.

I remember that.

My lasting memory of James was of him being a well paid bust for the Washington Federals. (Edit: looking up his numbers he wasn't as much of a bust as I had remembered. He rushed for over 800 yards and caught 40 passes as a rookie and was then hurt early in the next season, and was released from his contract in time to join the Patriots.)

I had forgotten that he played for the Federals. Good call. I just remember how cool "The Pony Express" was with Dickerson and James, and of course, the terrible singing. He is a pretty good analyst to be honest.

Oh dear...

Now somebody is saying that (a) ESPN's Craig James wants to get elected to a Senate seat from Texas, (b) he hired the guys who did the by-now-infamous "Swift Boat" dirty tricks against Kerry, and © Leach got taken down with the help of the Swift-boat guys...

FWIW: http://sportsbybrooks.com/swiftboat-pr-firm-repping-james-against-leach-27573

I'm guessing Craig James won't get many Senate votes from Lubbock... or anywhere else where a bunch of Texas Tech fans are.

On the other hand, he might do well in whatever district is the home of Meddling Parents University ;-)

Archived